Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2016, 10:54 AM   #21

Cape Cod, MA...lots and lots of RV's camp on the beach. You can ONLY have an enclosed RV, no trailers allowed. I can't wait to get a class c and do that! We go out in our 4X4 truck, but don't camp. I am so envious when I see all those campers out there! I don't know what the road out is like, but I have to assume that it is nothing like the dune ride for cars and trucks, because that is just soft, deep, winding white knuckle driving...but we do it every year!

2014 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi 4X4
Me, Hubby and Luna the Lab
sewingcybermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:50 AM   #22

I'm camping this week in west Los Angeles on the beach at Dockweiler Rv Park. Over half of the people camping here are local Angelenos who come for a few days with their beach gear and a great bike path along the beach that is about 20 miles long. This is the only campground in west LA(you DON'T want to be in east LA.) The big downside here is it's under the LAX flight path.
mtnlvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:01 PM   #23

I would be more worried about getting stuck. I always seem to go a LITTLE to far...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:47 PM   #24
Sunseeker 3010DS

Motorhome on the Beach

Yes to both, the MH is undercoated and when I get back home I pressure wash everything I have a low pressure washer,( Home depot type) with a long 90 degree wand to reach the hard to get to places. A little bit of work for a lot of fun. If your not into Off road toys I would not recommend Oceano Dunes but if the noise of ATV's and alike doesn't bother you, go for it. As you mentioned I can't afford an ocean view home ether but you can't buy an ocean view like that for $10.00 a night anywhere that I know of. As I mentioned in an earlier post. Go on a Tuesday and leave during the week it will be much less crowded. It is a very popular stretch of beach. Air your tires down to at least 1/3 of their max pressure stay on wet sand during a lower tide so wet sand is wide don't make sharp turns in soft sand and you should have no problems. If you do get stuck there are plenty of people willing to help. We pulled several people out all had never been there, did not air down and got way out into loose sand with 2 wheel drive
slamac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 02:55 PM   #25
Sunseeker 3010DS

Oh I figured out how to post Pix
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160915_134559.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	122880   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0126.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	276.4 KB
ID:	122881   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0250.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	122882   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0146-1.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	122883   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_435211.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	122884  

Old 10-13-2016, 03:34 PM   #26

Very cool pictures. People always worry about things that MIGHT happen instead of going out and having an adventure.
I have a house in Mexico near the beach. I use "salt away" on my toys before I come back home. I don't drive or ride in the water. That would be nuts...although I did have jet skis down there for about 11 years. Never had issues as long as I took care of things.

My wife retires in May and we are going to spend some time on the Oregon coast next July...at least we're thinking about it.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:04 PM   #27
Sunseeker 3010DS

Motorhome on the beach

Yep! I try and figure out a way to do it. Not a bunch of reasons why not. we manage to get r done just not a fast as we used to. We also stay out of the water with the rigs as well. The Pacific northwest is definitely on our bucket list all the way up the coast into BC and a couple islands. I'm told there is a lot of beach camping and seafood!! can't wait.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:30 AM   #28

Old 10-14-2016, 09:07 AM   #29
Sunseeker 3010DS

Motorhome on the beach

Yep I watched all these videos before I decided to go. I also saw a lot of people get stuck. Every person that got stuck did not do one or all three of basic rules.

1) Air down your tires, as well as the tires on what ever you are towing

2) travel during a lower tide preferably during an out going tide. Stay on hard packed sand until you find the area you want to camp. as you can see in that video it was high tide and everyone was on dry loos sand.

3) Don't go any farther into loose sand than you have to. With a 2 wheel drive MH just above the highest tide mark, and don't spin your wheels.

bring a shovel, a good real heave duty tow strap and couple of old through rugs if you do get stuck you can most likely get your self out with very little effort.

As you can see there are hundreds of people out there and 99% don't get stuck but that make for some boring Video so, No guts no glory! Oh and rule # 4) You have to be smarter than the sand!