Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2008, 05:06 AM   #1

Motorcycles On Display At The Air And Space Museum

For those who like motorcycles, I thought I would share this pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	air and space#1.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	965   Click image for larger version

Name:	air and space$2.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	966   Click image for larger version

Name:	air and space.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	967  
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:40 AM   #2
Cyber Phrenologist

Which air and space museum?

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:18 AM   #3
Site Team

That is awesome especially being around that SR-71. I'd like to know which one too?
Old 08-12-2008, 07:49 PM   #4

It is the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. Located in Chintilly Virginia. The Museum was built on Dulles International Airports property at the south end of the runway and is five years young. The Museum has it's own exit off of RT 28. I have mention this Museum a few in this Forum, topics like, a possible camp ground here on the property, the fly in that happen not to long ago and the shooting of the move " TransFormers II. There is a new addition coming to the Museum, The Restoration Hanger, this is where the public can see and watch how the aircraft are restored. Ground breaking starts in the middle of October. I have collected over 15 CD's full of aircraft and spacecraft being assembled in the new Museum and there delieveries and I was allowed to get in side of some of the aircraft and get pictures of the in sides and the cockpits plus different phases of the construction. This Museum is also know as " AMERICA'S HANGER ". There is a book that is available called " Building America's Hanger, it is about the design and construction of the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center written by Lin Ezell. If anyone has any question or want to see pic just let me know, I well be more then glad to share.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:31 PM   #5

there's just something about seeing a formation of Electra Glides...........
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #6

We periodically have to take friends from our area to Dulles to catch flights. One of these days I am going to stop at the museum after dropping them off.
The trip is about 7 hours total from south central Va. but it would be worth some extra time to stop if we are not too late getting there to start with.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 03:44 AM   #7

Just wanted to point out pic#2, if you look behind the SR-71 you can see the front of the Space Shuttle Enterprise and that is the enterance to the Space Hanger on the west side of the main exhibit hanger. By the way Hokiehall, they are always adding to the collection. The museum is not full yet, alot to see.