Old 07-13-2018, 11:07 AM   #1

"Mouse Proof" Travel Trailer??

Are there any travel trailers that are "mouse proof". I have fought this problem with my 2007 Rockwood 27ft. with a slide out. I can't see any points of entry from the bottom. I thought I had the problem solved when I removed the access on the front of the bathtub & found a mouse nest and that it wasn't sealed where the drain goes through the floor. But after sealing it last summer, I had just as many mice last winter as ever. I have even used spray foam around the slide out, but suspect that they still may be coming in around the slide. We want to purchase a new travel trailer in the future. I would like feedback on what others have found to be "mouse proof". We would still like a 27 - 32 ft. with a slide out.
Thanks

johndeereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:20 AM   #2

Sorry. No such thing.

Reese Fifth Airborne air ride king pin coupler with Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:28 AM   #3
Not yer usual camper

All you can do is your due diligence and there are some great ideas on this forum for repelling mice, everything ranging from commercial pellets, to ultrasonic plug-ins to dryer sheets. I use ultrasonic plug-ins at my house with great results for insects; I have two in my camper as well. I've never had mice, either in the camper or at home, but I didn't have them before I started using ultrasonics, either, so I can't say that is why. But I do not see insects in either place .
2012 Jayco X23B Hybrid
2009 R-Vision C243S Hybrid
2006 Coleman Bayside PUP
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:36 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Sorry. No such thing.
I am in this camp also! Plus Never go around any "Disney Park" Total Mice! Youroo!!
Old 07-13-2018, 11:36 AM   #5

I crawled under my camper and with a flashlight,I looked at all the places where a mouse could possibly get in. Areas around the wheels and axles was sealed,no entry there. Area around the tank drains,sealed,no entry there. Finally I looked at the area around the rear stabilizer jacks. There I found access to the frame and directly into the water heater compartment following the gas line. From there mice had access throughout the camper via the raceways for the water lines and gas lines. That meant access under the shower,vanity and kitchen...also into the stove. Solution,sealed off the access via the rear stabilizer jacks. Since I've sealed that off ( rodent proof spray foam) my mouse problem has ended.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:52 AM   #6

If your shore power cord is permanently attached to the TT and is pushed inside for storage, mice can follow the cord and get in. I've found drain pipes to be very poorly sealed, amounting to a huge mouse expressway into the TT. Removing drawers, access panels, etc, and sealing every opening I could find seems to keep the adorable little critters out.
Sorry, I'm not aware of any TT that claims to be rodent proof.
Tacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:02 PM   #7

The best you can do is make sure to seal as much as possible. Open all the cupboards, cabinets, and storage bays. What I noticed is that the areas where HVAC, plumbing, and electrical enter/exit is usually big enough for the little buggers to get through.

I went around and sealed everything with spray foam. Also, items that contact the ground are frequent entry points like crawling up a cord, tire, etc. Spraying them.wuth some kind of rodent repellant helps.

The only sure fire way (and we've tried fresh cab and multiple others) was moth balls (which my family hates).

Last winter after sealing everything I could find and the moth balls I think we had one mouse. Pretty good I think.
007matman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman View Post
The best you can do is make sure to seal as much as possible. Open all the cupboards, cabinets, and storage bays. What I noticed is that the areas where HVAC, plumbing, and electrical enter/exit is usually big enough for the little buggers to get through.

I went around and sealed everything with spray foam. Also, items that contact the ground are frequent entry points like crawling up a cord, tire, etc. Spraying them.wuth some kind of rodent repellant helps.

The only sure fire way (and we've tried fresh cab and multiple others) was moth balls (which my family hates).

Last winter after sealing everything I could find and the moth balls I think we had one mouse. Pretty good I think.
Any suggestion for something you could spray on tires, etc, like you mention?
Mr Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:33 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOtel View Post
Any suggestion for something you could spray on tires, etc, like you mention?
We used this.. keep applying every few weeks.

Your friend has shared a link to a Home Depot product they think you would be interested in seeing:

Tomcat14 oz. Mouse and Rat Repellent Aerosol
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Tomcat-1...0605/302683092
007matman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:40 PM   #10

Just place cheap 'snap traps' around with peanut butter. They love peanut butter. Attrition will wear them out.

Tags
roo, roof, trailer, travel, travel trailer