Old 08-28-2016, 11:41 PM   #1
Move awning.

My 20' awning, when in the stowed position, creates a "gutter" between the rolled up awning and top side of the wall of the MH. Because the top of the awning rolled up is higher than the awning rail, that connects the awning to the side, rain water or AC water runs off the roof and will pool in the "gutter". The water would eventually bleed through the top seam of the awning or seep around the bead of the awning in the rail and down the side of the MH. I did paint a strip of silicone over the top seam and where the awning enters the rail and that stopped the bleeding and seeping for now. But, if the awning was mounted 1 1/2" to 2" lower on the wall the awning would come out of the rail and go down to the top of the roll tube. The frame of the awning is now attached to the very top of the wall I assume scewed into the top of the wall frame which is aluminum with fiberglass wall panels. My question is, has anyone moved an awning frame.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote