Old 08-18-2015, 12:33 PM   #11

Actually there are federal lemon laws and will apply. There are also consumer protection laws that can apply as well. Do some research and that's what you will find.

The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act covers other products - whether cars or not. Often called the "Federal Lemon Law," it even covers some used cars. Also, service contracts and third party warranties

The last thing Forest River or any manufacturer wants to do is go to court but you CAN take them to court and a Judge will look at what has been a reasonable amount of time and visits when ruling on these cases. I've spoken to several attorneys and all are in agreement.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:44 PM   #12

Actually there are federal lemon laws and will apply. There are also consumer protection laws that can apply as well. Do some research and that's what you will find.

The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act covers other products - whether cars or not. Often called the "Federal Lemon Law," it even covers some used cars. Also, service contracts and third party warranties

The last thing Forest River or any manufacturer wants to do is go to court but you CAN take them to court and a Judge will look at what has been a reasonable amount of time and visits when ruling on these cases. I've spoken to several attorneys and all are in agreement.

Old 08-18-2015, 01:57 PM   #13

IMHO, buying new isn't what it's cracked up two be. We always buy a year or two old, and have had ZERO problems in our last three units . We are either lucky or someone else worked all the bugs out at tge factory.....I wonder?
Old 08-18-2015, 02:01 PM   #14

I think the latter is more true filterman. This experience has been a disaster from the outset which included a shady sales person who lied to us about accessories and a cheap dealer who cares more about a single dollar than any repeat business.

There are several articles out there in regards to the crappy product FR is putting out there. Here's just one.

Forest River RV recalls 634 travel trailers over electrical problem - Elkhart Truth

More recalls from Forest River.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:20 PM   #15

I guess the silver lining is they are fixing it right? This is peak season so the length of time to fix it seems about right. I would agree that it is unfortunate that you are having these problems.

Nights Camped (2017- 16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:26 PM   #16

We shall see, they were supposed to "fix" some of the existing items after the first visit but have not and understanding that it's the busy season doesn't make this acceptable, it's been in the shop for 4 weeks during camping season. Either way I've documented everything going forward and done the legwork on the complaints just in case this disaster continues so I'll be prepared. It just sucks and I feel obligated to let as many people know about these issues as I possibly can, if for no reason, other than to prevent someone from making the same mistake of purchasing one of these like I did.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:37 PM   #17

Be ready for a long wait!!
Let the dealer figure out the parts they need and have them shipped to the dealer. In the meantime pick up the trailer and use it as is (enjoy the season) ones the dealer has all the parts needed, then you bring your trailer back after you make an appointment and the work should be done in days not weeks.
My Sanibel was in for three weeks and they still had no confirmation from FR about the parts. I picked up the trailer and using it until he has the parts in house, then I bring the trailer back, 1100 km round trip.
No quality control these days at FR or any other manufacturers.
Happy Camping
Old 08-18-2015, 02:40 PM   #18

That's not going to happen. I didn't spend 40 grand on a camper to run around in it with multiple problems. The longer it spends in the shop the stronger my litigation case is and the better chance I have in court if it comes to that.
Old 08-18-2015, 02:44 PM   #19

Good luck, let us know how you make out!
Old 08-18-2015, 02:46 PM   #20

Ive known a lot of people that just used it as is and waited for the parts then took it back in the "off season". To each their own, I am just glad I never had a problem with mine (since Ive taken possession), there was a problem but it was found and fixed during the PDI and I waited an extra week to take possession.

Just out of curiosity did you do a PDI of everything, like have them hook up and test/show you all the systems? It seems like that could of/should of found the problems mentioned. If you end up getting rid of this one, the next one have them do a full on PDI and test, fill all the tanks and run all of the appliances (this is what I did before I signed my paperwork). Good luck and I hope it works out for you. I couldn't be happier with my TT.

Nights Camped (2017- 16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, wildcat