Old 08-18-2015, 02:51 PM   #21

Thanks Suicide, the dealer had a guy, who knew less about the unit than I, walk us through it in about 5 minutes. Nothing was filled or tested. I will request that the next time "if there is a next time". That was something I should have demanded but I hadn't had the issues on our old Newmar so......

Old 08-18-2015, 02:53 PM   #22

Understandable, I really hope you get it all worked out!

Nights Camped (2017- 16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 03:17 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadk01 View Post
Thanks Suicide, the dealer had a guy, who knew less about the unit than I, walk us through it in about 5 minutes. Nothing was filled or tested. I will request that the next time "if there is a next time". That was something I should have demanded but I hadn't had the issues on our old Newmar so......

The bad thing is when you take a camper back too many times the dealer and Forest River thinks you are a whiner and then it really gets slow. The only recourse you have is find another camper you like and trade. IMHO you will just waste your money to talk to a lawyer, believe me you will save money and be better off to trade. Find another camper and you will be happy, camping is fun

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 03:22 PM   #24

Well actually if it comes to litigation, the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act, will collect all court costs/legal fees in a favorable decision which is why attorneys are more than willing to look at cases like this if valid. I hope we don't have to get to that but I'm preparing for it as this goes along and it spends more time in the shop the chances of getting a favorable ruling gets better, it just takes time.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadk01 View Post
and you accepted it like this?
Old 08-18-2015, 03:41 PM   #26

Again, I hadn't issues like this in the past with other campers so I assumed a check of some kind was completed prior to acceptance especially given the amount of work this rv needed before even taking delivery but it was not obviously.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:08 PM   #27

To me it just isn't worth the hassle, I traded and I was a lot better off for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 04:12 PM   #28

Yep but things don't change that way. I don't like to run away from an issue. It very well may come to that but NOT until I've utilized every option. As consumers it's our only option and in my opinion before throwing up the white flag you need to use all your bullets.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:42 PM   #29

Well I will be watching this thread to see the out come. We have been a burr under this dealers saddle. All justified problems with our Wildcat. Some problems with poor appliances some with incompetent techs and sloppy workmanship from FR and dealer. We really like layout of our RV and that's why we keep trying to get the bugs worked out. Our dealer said they have had no problems getting warranty work approved and parts from FR on our Wildcat. He told me they have another customer that bought one of those retro trailers that's been back with all kinds of problems that factory refuses to pay for repairs so could be worse I guess.
67cudafb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:00 PM   #30

I certainly hope to provide good news 67, I plan on doing everything in my power to get things rectified. In the meantime I plan on badgering the dealer and FR for results.

Tags
cat, wildcat