Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2015, 11:29 AM   #41
Jeffco, MO

Agree. This forum is great and lets us all get the word out and solve problems.

Mary & Ted
2016 Silverback 33IK
2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD CrewCab Diesel/Super Glide Hitch
Days camped 09 -53, 10 -56, 11 -57, 12 - 55, 13 - 46, 14 - 50, 15 - 60, 16 -32
7 FROG Rallies (Goshen(4), Charleston, Amana(2))
tedstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:34 AM   #42

If at all possible, you need to attend the FROG Rally in Goshen next year. My experience at the Rally was that all of the problems that you have mentioned would be corrected right there on the spot, free of charge. It is a shame that our dealers either won't, can't, or don't know how to repair our trailers. We also purchased our trailer from Freeway RV but, at their Midland, MI. location which, has since changed ownership. Not impressed with new service manager at Midland.
98 days camping 2017 98 days camping 2018
94 days camping 2019 49 days camping 2020
Wayne Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:51 PM   #43

On my Wildcat the hall side was separated, you could see daylight between the floor of camper and wall. That's after a few trips mostly back to the dealer. Dealer fixed that by putting a piece of molding over that. On the propane side where the tanks are at when I first got camper the door would open and close like it should, after a few trips the door got hard to close. You had to close the bottom first then you could latch the top, well after a few more trips you finally could not close the bottom latch at all. To fix that the dealer used a blow torch to cut away at the bottom where the tanks sit at. I ordered dual pane windows in camper, one of the windows had trash between the panes. Dealer fixed that and when we got back that time after a two month trip to the dealer on close observation we found out they fixed it with, a regular window. I told them I paid for dual pane and that's what I wanted that window replaced with, that was another trip

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:05 PM   #44

We have a 2015 crusader 335bhs by prime time and for what we paid for it you would think that it should be made better. We have had the microwave replacer,the counter top had to be replaced the new microwave almost bounced out because the trim didn't have screw mount to microwave on the bottom burnt wire connections the lights dim and brighten now the air conditioner stopped cooling it is under the two year manufactures warrentee by two months but we can't get it in to general RV because they are booked up for months so they told us to call an onsight repair now that entails a service charge for what should be covered by the manufactures warrentee! I am really getting fed up with all of the problems that we have had with this fifth wheel their quality sucks!there were other problems that I have not mentioned! I guess our first fifth wheel spoiled us it was a 2003 cruiser by cross roads over 10 years all we wad with that was two or three recalls but the quality was better than the crusader by a long shot!
scotty1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 07:06 AM   #45

i know at Goshen that there were not wildcat factory tours as they are relocating the factory to a different plant and city i was talking to a FR employ who told me they were having quality issues and were have a very hard time getting good employes so that was one of the main reasons for moving
not sure if thats true but just what i heard and i own a wildcat

Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey
muddyrode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 08:35 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddyrode View Post
i know at Goshen that there were not wildcat factory tours as they are relocating the factory to a different plant and city i was talking to a FR employ who told me they were having quality issues and were have a very hard time getting good employes so that was one of the main reasons for moving
not sure if thats true but just what i heard and i own a wildcat
Good employees come at a cost, which I'm sure is part of the problem. A lot of companies these days don't want to pay good wages or take the time to properly train and oversee their employees. The cost is usually minimal, especially when compared to warranty work, it's just putting forth the effort to organize a quality control program. There was a definite shift in the mid 90's as to how companies treated their employees. Since then quality, efficiency and caring about employees has taken a back seat to profits.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 12:46 PM   #47

I had a ton of issues too. List is up to 22 items and growing. Going back in the fall to have them taken care of. Some of them are significant.
BigPatCal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, wildcat