Old 08-17-2015, 12:06 PM   #1

Multiple issues with 2015 Wildcat

We purchased a 2015 Forest River Wildcat 5th wheel camper in late June and have been able to take it out twice since then due to multiple issues as documented below.
1)Rear stabilizer not working
2) kitchen panel camp loose and has to be reattached to the island
3) Bedroom TV stopped working.
4) Bathroom grey water drain plug broken
5) Galley water drain leaking
6) Gas water heater not adjusted properly causing black smoke to stain the camper side.
7) Electric water heater not wired correctly from the factory
8) Front stabilizer jacks not wired correctly.

The RV is in the shop as we speak and has been at the dealer either waiting for parts or getting fixed all but two weeks since late June.

Forest River has not been very interested in assisting to date. Looking at violation of possible federal lemon law but people need to know about these quality issues. Even the dealer has told us they've had multiple problems across the board with the Wildcat RV.

Old 08-17-2015, 12:14 PM   #2

Yep just another laundry list of issues that are expected with a new trailer. Something that most have gotten use to and expected when taking delivery of their new trailer. At some point all the issues will be fixed and you'll be on your way.

Sorry to hear about the issues and hopefully the dealer can get them fixed ASAP.

Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 12:17 PM   #3

These are not expected from a new purchase. That's absurd. I've had several other trailers of all types and sizes and had nothing like this. Even the dealer has agreed the Wildcat has major quality issues, their service people as well.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:49 PM   #4

You must have got the cousin to the 13 Wildcat Sterling that I had. Mine stayed in the shop so much that I thought the dealer owned it. I took it back to dealer six times and it was a six hundred and forty mile trip each time. One time the dealer kept camper two months. I finally traded camper for a Cedar Creek and it was a great camper. The Wildcat would blow running light fuses on my Silverado and the dealer never found out why. The dealer said it was my truck but GM said no way. Since I have had the Cedar Creek truck has never blew a fuse. Wildcat had a lot of stuff wrong with it and the only way I could fix it was to take a loss on the Wildcat and trade for the Cedar Creek

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:17 PM   #5

Welcome to my world. I am with you this should not be the way things come from the factory. Then some dealers charge a fee for a PDI like they check everything before you pick it up! Our Wildcat has been back to dealer four times. They keep it a month and say good to go. Yea right they damage something every time except last trip. Picked it up Saturday and we have our fingers crossed. The thing that gets me is I have talked to owner of selling dealer a few times. He says that's why they have a warranty to work the bugs out. I looked at him and said what. The money we payed for this unit and PDI you should have found most bugs and fixed them. The factory, dealers will keep this attitude as long as buying public keeps saying that's just the way it is with new RV. Bulls##t. Click image for larger version

Name:	Wildcat1.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	331.3 KB
ID:	85969
67cudafb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadk01 View Post
We purchased a 2015 Forest River Wildcat 5th wheel camper in late June and have been able to take it out twice since then due to multiple issues as documented below.

1)Rear stabilizer not working

2) kitchen panel camp loose and has to be reattached to the island

3) Bedroom TV stopped working.

4) Bathroom grey water drain plug broken

5) Galley water drain leaking

6) Gas water heater not adjusted properly causing black smoke to stain the camper side.

7) Electric water heater not wired correctly from the factory

8) Front stabilizer jacks not wired correctly.

The RV is in the shop as we speak and has been at the dealer either waiting for parts or getting fixed all but two weeks since late June.

Forest River has not been very interested in assisting to date. Looking at violation of possible federal lemon law but people need to know about these quality issues. Even the dealer has told us they've had multiple problems across the board with the Wildcat RV.

What dealer did you purchase from?

2014 Crusader 295rst
2014 F150 Fx4
Old 08-17-2015, 06:23 PM   #7

I completely agree, as long as we say it's ok they will continue to screw us that's why I've contacted our state attorney general's office and they are looking into it as well as the BBB and we have another attorney waiting. Once we get to a predefined # of service visits and time spent in the shop, and we're fast approaching that, we will take Forest River to court unless they respond with an amenable solution.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:24 PM   #8

I purchased it from Freeway RV of Waters Michigan
Old 08-18-2015, 12:17 PM   #9

For anyone having issues with Forest River products and don't feel like they are getting addressed by Forest River, contact the FTC in addition to your state's Attorney General Consumer Protection office.
The FTC will document all issues and compile evidence to potentially take litigation action against Forest River on behalf of the customers. The more people with issues that document them with the FTC the better our chances of getting Forest River to make things right.
The FTC # is 1877-382-4357

If you have issues that relate to recalls and safety problems also contact the NHTSA at 1-888-327-4236.
Old 08-18-2015, 12:27 PM   #10

You can contact who ever you wish in the government, it will be a waste of time although it may make you feel better. There are no lemon laws for RV's, do a little research. Bottom line your dealer, working with FR, will address and correct all of your issues. Threatening lawsuits and the like is not going to help you one bit. It will only make your wait longer, not shorter.

2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, wildcat