Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2017, 05:45 PM   #61
2014 SunSeeker 2300

Even if there is money involved I could not get service for months. I took mine to an independent and they did exactly what I wanted and got it when I wanted it at a price $250 LESS than he quoted. I had to wait a little over three weeks to get in and two weeks to complete the work.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:47 PM   #62
StepanFetchit

Nope. Contacted both dealer and FR for help. They were very nice and polite when basically told I was in my own.
Rdeemat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 06:57 PM   #63

Most dealers are terrible, expensive and lack customer care. You hVe to hurry up and wait, hope for the best and hold ypir wallet.
Dpelaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:07 AM   #64
Broken Toe

I expect nothing from a dealer except to exchange my money for a camper. Service and support are not something I ever even hope for. So far I have not been disappointed. It's a shame that they can't operate on the same principle as car dealers, where the dealership is the face of the brand instead of acting like an over-glorified used car lot.

My personal belief is that FR has a lot going on with expansion and acquisitions. Beating the dealers into line is like 9th on their "Stuff I'm not gonna get to today" list. And, being 100% honest here.... knowing they can sell every unit they poop out the factory door, I don't see them focusing on dealers anytime soon. Everyone know how RV dealerships are. It's not like they are losing any sales to competitors because of the dealers. The other brands dealers are just as bad.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:33 AM   #65

I only hope I am covered on a major event....and hoping it will never happen. My 12 months is up soon and will rely on extended if I ever need it.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 06:04 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
Forest River is a big company. I mean... REALLY big. 86 plants. 11,000 people, and corporate earnings knocking on 4 BILLION a year.

Is it too much to ask to make a decent website for your products? Case in point...

On the Rockwood Signature Ultralight page, there is 16 different floor plans listed (both 5th wheel and TT). Of those 16, only 5 have pictures of the actual model available. Of those 5, 2 have exactly one picture, 1 has 2 pictures, and 1 has 3. 1 model gets a lush 13 pictures and a 360 'tour'.

There are 3 models that are listed as completely new. There is not a single picture (other than the floor plan) available on any of those.

I know, there are LOTS of FR models, and sometime things change rapidly in the RV world, but how hard can it be to hire a photographer to take a few decent pictures and a couple web-managers to keep things updated? I am particularity interested in interior pictures of a certain new 5er for some friends. I have to google search that model to see pictures taken by a dealership to see any pictures of all of that model. I find that unfortunate.

I'm as big an FR fan as anyone, but their web presence is one place they really drop the ball.

Tim
I agree, Im new to all this, but finding info on this 2012 V-Lite bumper pull travel trailer. Has not been fun! My outside flood lights all of a suddefm went out. It is bouncy as heck, but living in it with my two teenagers, a cat & a dog....way too small!
sstaylor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 06:08 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggets View Post
Contacted Forest River for plumbing plan for Signature Ultra Lite BSS and they said they don't have one.
Really odd--think plans are available somewhere.
I have been told they dont publish any paperwork on my model any more.[emoji33] very frustrating!
sstaylor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:38 PM   #68
StepanFetchit

#1 gripe

Plans/schematics on your Forest River RV? Hah! You’d have an easier time trying to obtain the recipe for Coca-Cola. One of the most well guarded secrets of the RV industry is anything resembling how your unit is put together. Believe me I have spent many many hours/days trying to find them for my Cedarcreek fifth wheel. Maybe they burn them after the units are built.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:28 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdeemat View Post
Plans/schematics on your Forest River RV? Hah! You’d have an easier time trying to obtain the recipe for Coca-Cola. One of the most well guarded secrets of the RV industry is anything resembling how your unit is put together. Believe me I have spent many many hours/days trying to find them for my Cedarcreek fifth wheel. Maybe they burn them after the units are built.

They want to stay ahead of the competition. They don't want anyone to find out how they are made or the competition will copy what they do.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 09:12 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
They want to stay ahead of the competition. They don't want anyone to find out how they are made or the competition will copy what they do.
I trust you forgot to add the smiley. RV manufacturers are mostly integrators. They take parts from 3rd parties and install them in a box. There's nothing particularly wrong with that model but, there isn't anything proprietary about it either.

As for the FR website content, I agree loading up model specific photos would be nice. But, what is their motivation to do so? They're already pumping units out as fast as they can. An improved website isn't necessary to improving their bottom line. Personally, a builder tool similar to ford.com (and I'm sure the other auto makers) would have been very useful. But. again, what's their motivation?

No trees were harmed while sending this message;
however, a rather large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

TT: 2018 Surveyor 243RBS TV:2019 F-250 XLT 6.2L 4x4 Crew Cab
mawilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 02:06 PM   #71
StepanFetchit

Would be nice to be able to repair electrical and plumbing in my RV if I had a wiring schematic as well as a plumbing schematic. You can go to any auto parts store and buy a book on repairing your vehicle, why not your RV?
Old 07-28-2018, 02:40 PM   #72

I think it's a wholebig secret because manufacturers fear that competitors will steal their ideas. They also change specs randomly in an attempt to improve on mistakes. Part of the nature of the industry. More quality control regulation and inspections should also be introduced. To many brands and manufacturers making these things and some of the bigger ones Re slapping them together. Most dealers have no integrity, charge high amounts for repairs and the quality is poor.
Dpelaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 02:54 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdeemat View Post
Would be nice to be able to repair electrical and plumbing in my RV if I had a wiring schematic as well as a plumbing schematic. You can go to any auto parts store and buy a book on repairing your vehicle, why not your RV?
Because there are 1/100 of that RV made compared to that number of vehicles. And because that particular model won't last but a few months then be changed. And because every one of that specific model that comes down the line is made a little bit differently than the last one.

And wishing that were not the model in this industry is an exercise in frustration. It is, what it is.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 03:10 PM   #74
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Can you imagine the number of different campers and non have the same wiring or pluming and what it would cost to publish or even do an on line version would be mind boggling. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 03:28 PM   #75
StepanFetchit

Can you imagine what it would cost to locate a black water tank stacked on top of the gray water tank buried deep up inside the belly of a 37’ 5th wheel to patch a hairline crack in it? $3700.

Tags
forest river