Old 10-16-2017, 10:38 AM   #1
cogito ergo moo

My #1 gripe with Forest River...

Forest River is a big company. I mean... REALLY big. 86 plants. 11,000 people, and corporate earnings knocking on 4 BILLION a year.

Is it too much to ask to make a decent website for your products? Case in point...

On the Rockwood Signature Ultralight page, there is 16 different floor plans listed (both 5th wheel and TT). Of those 16, only 5 have pictures of the actual model available. Of those 5, 2 have exactly one picture, 1 has 2 pictures, and 1 has 3. 1 model gets a lush 13 pictures and a 360 'tour'.

There are 3 models that are listed as completely new. There is not a single picture (other than the floor plan) available on any of those.

I know, there are LOTS of FR models, and sometime things change rapidly in the RV world, but how hard can it be to hire a photographer to take a few decent pictures and a couple web-managers to keep things updated? I am particularity interested in interior pictures of a certain new 5er for some friends. I have to google search that model to see pictures taken by a dealership to see any pictures of all of that model. I find that unfortunate.

I'm as big an FR fan as anyone, but their web presence is one place they really drop the ball.

Tim

Rallies Attended:
Cowracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:41 AM   #2

x2......

Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:47 AM   #3

Also pay close attention to things shown on the floorplan print. While searching last year I found several models that showed pass thru storage hatches on both sides of the front of trailer, when in reality...only one hatch existed and they were not, nor ever were total "Pass Thru." I contacted FR 3 times...with zero response.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:06 AM   #4
Site Team

Check the details on the exact unit you purchase. As all FR brochures contain the following.
All information contained in this brochure is believed to be accurate at the time of publication. However, during the model year, it may be necessary to make revisions and Forest River, Inc., reserves the right to make all such changes without notice, including prices, colors, materials, equipment
and specifications as well as the addition of new models and the discontinuance of models shown in this brochure. Therefore, please consult with your Forest River dealer and confirm the existence of any materials, design or specifications that are material to your purchase decision. Litho. U.S.A.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:14 AM   #5
cogito ergo moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Check the details on the exact unit you purchase. As all FR brochures contain the following.
All information contained in this brochure is believed to be accurate at the time of publication. However, during the model year, it may be necessary to make revisions and Forest River, Inc., reserves the right to make all such changes without notice, including prices, colors, materials, equipment
and specifications as well as the addition of new models and the discontinuance of models shown in this brochure. Therefore, please consult with your Forest River dealer and confirm the existence of any materials, design or specifications that are material to your purchase decision. Litho. U.S.A.
I understand that, which is why I said:

Quote:
I know, there are LOTS of FR models, and sometime things change rapidly in the RV world

However, (comma) the whole point of the website is to generate interest, and possibly sales. It does neither of these without at least some sort of pictures that show what the unit looks like. A floorplan only goes so far. And its a hell of a lot cheaper to update a webpage on the internet than to redo a printed brochure.

All I am saying is a company as big as FR could do a much better job of showcasing its products on its webpage.

Tim
Rallies Attended:
Cowracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:29 AM   #6

Good points. I am also convinced that consolidation within FR would go far in helping quality. Franchishing dealers would be #1, but I doubt either will happen. I'm still overall happy with the quality of what I own at THIS price point........even after a year of major issues. They're all fixed finally and what I have is just awesome. If it had been perfect day and made like a tank and never had any issues at all, I'd never have been able to own it.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:59 AM   #7

Pictures are fine but we only like to actually "Play House" with slides In/Out and visualize real world use before we Buy! Fewer "Surprises"!We would really like a Contact at F/R that could tell us where a Dealer close to our location that has a Model that we could look at! Youroo!!
Old 10-16-2017, 01:21 PM   #8

plumbing plan

Contacted Forest River for plumbing plan for Signature Ultra Lite BSS and they said they don't have one.
Really odd--think plans are available somewhere.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:33 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggets View Post
Contacted Forest River for plumbing plan for Signature Ultra Lite BSS and they said they don't have one.
Really odd--think plans are available somewhere.
Pretty sure the plumbing plan is made up as the prototype trailer is mocked up. The designers will have a general idea of where the lines will run, but the assemblers are the ones that will ultimately decide where the lines end up and if they'll work in those locations.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:43 PM   #10
2014 SunSeeker 2300

I am assuming that when FR changes plans or options on one model it affects all the others built like that floor plan so a change in one model makes a change in many. Besides, the website costs them $$$$ to maintain and if they get a customer interested they want that customer to go pester the dealer to see it in the world so cost then shifts to the selling dealer. Jmho

Alan

Tags
forest river