Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2016, 11:15 PM   #1

My eyeballs are falling out- anyone? Re: 08 Sierra

Hello pros . We're shopping...oh such fun dreaming about what's next for us, and I've run into a couple of spectacular used models by Forest River. The problem is figuring out just exactly what's standard, optional, etc(because my attention wanders when I see all of those pretty interiors....and then I wonder did I see_____(something random) so I've tried to find it Google-style but can't seem to really figure much out for certain(probably due to the age of the trailer, specifically an 08 Sierra TT 331rld) and I'm hyper focused right now on whether or not it has a black tank flush on it? I literally stumbled into this forum & now taking a shot & hoping anyone out there might have a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance!
UpFrontFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:41 PM   #2

Looks like it's standard:

https://d2k1k1f5tri8mt.cloudfront.ne...8sierranw1.pdf
Demco Glide Ride pin box
Demco Hijacker UMS 21K hitch
mlatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:48 PM   #3

Although I think that's a 2007 brochure.
Demco Glide Ride pin box
Demco Hijacker UMS 21K hitch
mlatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 12:14 AM   #4

Thanks mlatter! I did find that brochure- and even though I read it with my own 2 eyes, I just kept trying to find anything anywhere else that said same...it's weird, that brochure(lack of better word lol) doesn't even show a floor plan w/ same model #(likely due to 07 maybe?) . I guess that's another good lesson to keep my focus and quit ogling the pretty....have a good one up there!
UpFrontFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 02:10 PM   #5

UpFrontFanatic.....

This may help, if I understand your question properly.

I'm not sure of the of the percentage of new trailers, 5th wheels and motorhomes come to the dealers exactly matching the 'brochure for that model'....I would guess it would be pretty low...they like to have something different to show and upsell.

Now, when you get into shopping the used market you will find that manyof the units have been factory ordered (by original owners) with 'options/extras' that may not even be listed on any brochure...but added to the unit by byers request...and you can be sure the dealer will be tacking on more for 'any extra options'.

I bought my unit (privately) used from the original owner who had ordered it from the Dallas Oregon factory and he had several optional items installed...all to my advantage...as I have a copy of the factory order sheet.

So, re: if it has a black tank flush or not.... Not a big deal...they are very easy to install DIY after market or by dealer (at 4x the $).

Hope this helps

Islander
Edge programmer, 4" SS exhaust turbo/back,
Tru-Cool Max Trans Cooler, Bilstein Shocks
Vancouver Island, B.C., Canada
Islander is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sierra