Old 09-15-2006, 05:51 PM   #11

I totaly agree witht his thread. That being said, alot of you would not want to camp in places that we frequent. We have been spending a lot of time in dispersed camping areas (free) they are called staging areas for off road vehicals. All day long usually untill sunset there are quads, dirtbikes, dune buggys, just about every type of offroad vehical you can imagine running around, and they usually go slow around campers. It is in the mountans, in a beautiful setting and there are over 2000 miles of trails to ride on out there. At night everyone settles in cuts some firewood (it is leagle to get it out of the forrest there) most campers get a good fire going and most people just have generally a good party, visiting other campsites ect. There are generally fire works shows that some one puts on on Saturday nights. There are usually about 200 to 300 people there on any given weekend. It is ALOT of fun, but not most peoples way of camping.
Cheers
Bear

2000 Volvo 660 D12 425 hp 1550 torque 15 speed, Trailer Saver air ride hitch. 2006 Canadian Sport 385 RLTS 40'10" triple slide, triple axle 5'er toybox, 300 watts solar, 3000 watt inverter, Onan 5500 Marques Platnum. 1998 Polaris 300 Explorer 4X4 quad, 2003 Polaris 700 Sportsman 4X4 quad, 1994 Jeep YJ "TOAD" 3" lift 31" ProComp Mud Terrain tires

http://community.webshots.com/user/Bears319

http://www.picturetrail.com/bears319

Mission Statement : ZZZZzzzzz
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:26 AM   #12

dog

you did the right,but me i would go to his camper and ask him to let the dog inside he was one of the family to.

Old 09-21-2006, 08:02 PM   #13
or the lovely Barbilou

We started fulltiming last October and the cat's adapting VERY slowly to life on a leash. My absolute horror is seeing a dog-walker approach us. It's obvious to anyone the cat's about to stroke out, yet on they come. Yes of course I stay away from any and all people, commotion, or animals. Invariably end up screaming "BACK AWAY FROM THE CAT!!!"

Fulltiming in an entry-level fiver with our cross-eyed black lab Ella and angry cat Rocky.
Fujimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #14
itch'n to road trip

Hey Bear - Love the photo of your "serious" rig...sooooo jealous! Bey y'all have toooo mcuh fun
Jasper Ga.
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #15
(Kim)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRimmer View Post
The wife and I have four dogs that are our children and we always respect others at the CG. We had our two youngest with us this weekend and kept them under control.

Our neighbor across the street at the CG had there pet with them and at 11:00 pm Friday night I kept hearing the dog barking.

THEY TIED IT TO A TREE!!!!!!!!

Well I got mad due to the treatment of the dog and the wife raising H@@l cause she could not go to sleep and found the ranger to solve the problem.

short story take a dog to the cg and care for it and dont get mad at me for complaining.

Mike
Ugg... I hate barking dogs
I can also guess that if you walked by those campers house in their 'real life', that dog would either be barking at the window or from the backyard.
There is no reason for a dog to do that except from extreme boredom and neglect (ie: no discipline, no activities and no obedience training) from the owner.
Always remember, there is no such thing as a bad dog, just bad owners.
DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #16

Unfortunately, I doubt if many of the obnoxious camper types read these forums. Most on these boards are helpful and considerate.
Luckily, the really bad ones are few and far between. Most true campers are all looking for pretty much the same experience.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
Ugg... I hate barking dogs
I can also guess that if you walked by those campers house in their 'real life', that dog would either be barking at the window or from the backyard.
There is no reason for a dog to do that except from extreme boredom and neglect (ie: no discipline, no activities and no obedience training) from the owner.
Always remember, there is no such thing as a bad dog, just bad owners.
UMMMMM/ Guess I'm a bad dog owner. Our dog barks at cats, dogs and people passing the house(would you believe she only barks when she's inside?)We let her most of the time. But we DO NOT let her bark camping. She's a chihuahua so she's known for barking. We do have our limits. We Like her barking when someone comes up.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:17 AM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labzy View Post
There is no reason for a dog to do that except from extreme boredom and neglect
BS
Dogs are highly territorial. They bark at people they don't
recognize. We like to walk the back roads near our home.
We live on a fast road with no shoulder and cars ignore
the speed limit and often go 50-60 so we must walk
elsewhere.
There is a great little dead end road near us that has a
nice long steep hill to give us a good cardio work out
and help us get in shape for hiking in the mtns.
Problem is this dead end road has a couple farms and the
owners let their dogs run loose.
We were chased 1/4 mile yesterday.
Either we can't walk this public/tax dollar maintained
road or I have to carry a pistol or pepper spray.
And B4 you speak, you need to look up how expensive
the truly effective long range pepper sprays are.
A box of 9mm shells is cheaper!

Now let the flame war begin.....
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63
KyDan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #19

Send a message via Skype™ to Ehlendt
I often find myself pondering the level of class, or lack there of, of our "neighbors" in the campgrounds we frequent. While 99% of the folks we meet are great and would bend over backwards to help each other, you always have that 1% that ruin the enjoyment for everyone else! We camped a couple weekends ago and had a site 3 down from us with 4 large dogs. All they did was bark as they were chained to individual stakes.....
Reese WD Hitch
"Get busy living.....or get busy dying."
Ehlendt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:39 PM   #20
(Kim)

Oh oh.....looks like I have been misunderstood again ;p
Please allow me to redeem myself.....
1. My comment did not mean that all owners of barking dogs are bad. As with anything there are limits. If you are like 'choice spot' and you allow your dogs to bark because you like to know when someone is approaching the house; that is not 'bad', it's your choice. (btw chihuahuas are so cute!!)
2. It's not BS Kydan . You said yourself the owners allow the dogs to run loose.
Therefore, bored and neglected dogs in bad need of some managment. I also have been scared to dead by dogs chasing me who were loose on a farm, and believe me when I say it's the owners fault. Any dog that is allowed to roam free should not exibit such behaviors, and most good farm dogs may be trained to bark when people approach, but it doesn't go any farther than that. Any dog that chases people needs 'doggy obedience 101', but sadly in such cases, there usually isn't a diligent owner around to provide it
There are alot of misconceptions about dogs. There are also many different levels of standards that people expect from their dogs.
Any dog can be trained to do almost anything if given the correct guidance; to accept bad behaviors from a dog under the misconception that it is only "normal dog behavior" is a mistake.
To be bothered at any time by constant barking is soooo annoying LOL. Our neighbours have an annoying barking dog and evertime it wakes me up at night, I dont wanna scream at the dog, I wanna scream at the owner who allows it.

DH (Alan), DD (Madison) and Zoey the lab,
Labzy is offline   Reply With Quote