Old 07-18-2007, 02:36 PM   #1

Myrtle Beach here we come!!

Headed to Myrtle Beach State Park campground the end of the month and will be starting first experience of camp hosting. I have a friend that is there now and he called and said that they were short of help due to someone not being able to show up. Thats bad for them but great for us! Will be camping on the beach till middle of Sept for free!! Work 5 days for 5 hours and off the other two days. Not bad hours. Has anyone else ever camp hosted? How did you like the experience?

Old 07-18-2007, 02:49 PM   #2
RAC

None here, but I did notice you tow a 5th wheel with a 1/2 ton. Do you have the long bed? If not, what hitch do you use? Any towing issues to date?

Old 07-18-2007, 05:40 PM   #3
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
I had a friend who did work camping for years. His comment was the the quality of his experiences varied according to the quality of the managers/owners. Some were fine, while others demanding and hard to work for.

Great area around the state park. Be sure to check out the upscale restaurants down at Murrells Inlet for a special night out. We usually stay at Pirateland, close to the state park.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:47 PM   #4

The 5-er is a ultra-lite 26 feet long. Enought room for the two of us. The slider is in the dining room which is about 42" wide. Truck has 126,000 miles and has 6 foot bed. Truck handles the 5-er ok. I keep the truck serviced to specs. Just had the trans power flushed and new fluid installed. I worked at a ford dealership for 36 years in sales and still do some fleet accounts by way of computer. I have a draw-tight slider hitch!!