Old 02-25-2014, 07:04 PM   #11
We attended Bristol last year. While we didn't RV at the track (we were in an RV park outside Pigeon Forge and drove down) we walked by HUNDREDS of them getting to the actual track.

Behind the church there were dozens and dozens boondocking. Just walking by you could get light headed from all the generators running.

If we go back, now that we have the 5er, we'd do exactly what we did last year; stay at "Up The Creek RV Park" outside Pigeon Forge and drive down and back. It's about 1.5 hours' drive one way.

We were VERY impressed with traffic control after the race. Four lane 2 way highways entering were turned in to four lane ONE way highways exiting. Once we'd arrived back at our truck we were on the interstate inside 30 minutes. (We parked in front of that church...quite a walk to and back from the track.)

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:07 PM   #12
Originally Posted by jomarie View Post
Talladega is for sure on my bucket list..

X eleventy

When we decided to take the plunge back in to RVing, we did it with our bucket list in mind. DH has a list of golf courses he wants to play, and we both have a list of races to attend.

We did Texas Motor Speedway a few years ago, before RVing. blech....BORING! But that was when the drivers were protesting the no bump drafting rule and just rode around two by two.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:20 PM   #13
hi ,we go to dover and stay in lot 2,its not bad at all they will let you know if you are too noisy after 11pm,been going for the past 4 yrs for the spring race ,have fun
chris d 404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:47 PM   #14
Richmond International Raceway (RIR) is VERY RV friendly!!!
MikeAndKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:27 PM   #15
We have done Dover the past few years. We stay a little bit away from the track as we have two little ones and don't want all the commotion that may be had trackside. So far we like yogi bear in Lincoln. It is about 20 minutes south of the track, very clean and we practically had the place to our selves the last time we were there. If you book on march 5th this year they have special rates for September weekends. We are going back this year and already looking forward to it.
meck51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:16 PM   #16
You are right about it not being cheap- Las Vegas infield is $1800/weekend trackside and MH hill is $4k (hookups included!) 😉

When we did MH hill for the Indy car in 2012 (RIP Dan Wheldon) I paid 450! (But I also work for the corporation!)

If you are infield and run a genny, BRING your exhaust snorkel!! We borrowed a friends RV after out rental broke down and did not make any friends running the genny!
2014 Stealth Evo 2850- "Woodstock"
2011 Toyota Tundra Rock Crawler TRD 5.7- "Clifford"
2013 Honda Accord Coupe V6 w/Track Pack- "Julia"

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:48 AM   #17
We have done Talledega 19 times, but never camped at the track. We always stay at a CG about 10 miles away at Lakeside Landing. You can take the backroads to the track without traffic.

We camped at Bristol one year. It was a lot of fun and convenient.

Camped at Charlotte for the 600. It was the most out of control camping we had ever done. The guy next to us was pimping out some girl who wore a S&M leather outfit all the time. The cops raided our part of the campground.
Lee and Anne

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2016: 33 nights camped; 5 nights booked
Teamfour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:09 AM   #18
One thing that nobody has touched on but is very important...plan on spending the night after the race! You don't want to be trying to drive in after race traffic and it is much more entertaining and relaxing to enjoy a campfire and cold beverage while watching the line of cars not moving.
Don & Kim
Willow Spring, NC
2012 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604
2013 F-150 4x4 EB
vstrom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:37 PM   #19
NASCAR and RV Camping

Kansa speedway regular here. We stay at the track and it's always a great time!

If your a fan of racing, you will love the experience. If your not a fan of late nights and drunken fools you might have a different take on it.

It can be cheap depending on where and what track you go to. Kansas has a number of campgrounds on property, we pay 500 for two race weekends a year and that includes 2 nationwide and cup tickets and camping Thursday until Monday at noon May and October

There are a few posts on my Blog on I'm my signature that highlight some of our trips.
2011 Coachmen Catalina 28DDS
2015 Ram Bighorn 2500 6.4L
Nights Camped 2015: 28
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:46 PM   #20
We do Michigan. There are lots of campgrounds to choose from and yes, remember to plan on camping after the race.

Pinky59 is offline   Reply With Quote