Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2018, 01:51 PM   #61
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I’ll have to call Husky products, I have left emails and nothing. I’ll give them a call tomorrow. I brought a FlowJet
Frustrating that they haven’t gotten back to you.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:46 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
The trade that in for a 4 wheeled pneumatic tire version. Your back will love you for it. I use the 42 gal version. Seasonal site. Wife and I don't use the camp restrooms. Dump once a week.
I also have the 42 great.
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:22 AM   #63

We just picked up a new Roo which has 30 gallon black and gray tanks. When under the camper recently it appears that the trailer was built with the shower dumping into the black tank.

So, no way to avoid dumping the black unless I abstain from taking showers and using the toilet. If that's the case, why did we buy this RV and get rid of the popup? So, we just bought a 32 gallon Barker...and I need to figure out how to carry it. It's going under the camper if I can fit it or on the tongue or bumper if I can't. We tow with Yukon XL. It's not going in there once it's used.

All your input was quite useful in making the decision.

2020 Ford F250 CCSB 4x4 7.3 (Gas) - Sold
2019 Rockwood Roo 23BDS hybrid - Sold
2005 Fleetwood Valor (Sun Valley) Sold
azfansinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:30 AM   #64

You certain the shower is dumping into the black tank? Seems like a poor way for FR to plumb it.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
CNYCamper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:08 AM   #65
Site Team

It's not completely unheard of, but easy enough to check. Just drain the black tank and after it's completely empty, leave the valve open and turn on the shower. If water starts coming out, that's where the shower drains to.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:16 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYCamper View Post
You certain the shower is dumping into the black tank? Seems like a poor way for FR to plumb it.
Admittedly, we haven't used the trailer yet. However, there is a pipe entering the black tank from under the shower and I cannot see or feel a pipe that would connect the shower to the gray. I could be wrong and it could be above the floor. Apparently this issue, if it really is one, has been discussed at length over the past 5 years or so.

My friends 2017 Roo 19, same bath layout, definitely has the shower dumping into the gray.

I'll run a test once we get it setup on the first trip. Either way, we have a blue boy on order and would like to have it available while we figure out our tank usage.

Old 11-14-2018, 10:27 AM   #67
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post

Attachment 190856

Attachment 190857

Edit: rant. Seriously, FRF. Please fix the image handling! A billion sites can handle phone photos properly.
It's not this site...

It is your phone!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:51 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by azfansinnc View Post
We just picked up a new Roo which has 30 gallon black and gray tanks. When under the camper recently it appears that the trailer was built with the shower dumping into the black tank.

So, no way to avoid dumping the black unless I abstain from taking showers and using the toilet. If that's the case, why did we buy this RV and get rid of the popup? So, we just bought a 32 gallon Barker...and I need to figure out how to carry it. It's going under the camper if I can fit it or on the tongue or bumper if I can't. We tow with Yukon XL. It's not going in there once it's used.

All your input was quite useful in making the decision.
I seriously dought the shower is plumbed into the black tank. At least not on purpose. A sink maybe but not the shower. If it truly is dumped into the black tank take it back to the dealer.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 01:25 PM   #69

if your bumper, will handle the weight. go to harbor freight and buy a 2 wheel dolly. remove the wheels and cut off the top part curved handle, to the desired height, of mounting the water tank vertically. drill hole in the dolly platform to fit on the bumper, use square style u-bolts to bolt to the bumper, cut off any unneeded platform. use insulation tubing, (like you would use on insulating water pipe in you home), on the dolly metal. then ratchet strap the tank to the dolly
tohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 05:30 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYCamper View Post
Quick follow up. The shower DOES run into the gray tank. Apparently the plumbing takes that path above the floor boards and not below where I can see (feel) the pipes.

However, one of the glass shower walls exploded one day after I had taken the first shower. We never got to test the limits or use the blue boy.