Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2018, 06:34 PM   #1

Need Dinette Table Leg(s) Solution

Our TT has a u-shaped dinette. The stock base ends on the table’s underside and floor are plastic. There is a single leg in the center of the table. The table is unstable and wobbly. I’ve been looking into ideas to problem solve this. We need to be able to drop the table to convert to a bed too.

Will I notice any improvement in stability if I replace the plastic base ends with aluminum base ends?

What looks to be a good solution is a SNAP 2 Folding Table Base V-40. So far I’ve only found this item at one web-site and shipping cost almost matches the product’s price. I’m not sure if I want the added weight (65 lbs) as well. If I don’t find something that looks more promising, I might order the SNAP 2, regardless of shipping cost.

The Lagun mount looks good too, however it doesn’t appear there would be an easy way to drop the table for sleeping.

Any other options I should / could look at?
RFishstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:46 PM   #2

Hi, We're looking to replace the base of our table, too, but for a different reason. I've been looking at the Lagun system videos and see that to use as the base for the table you need to separate the mechanism into it's 3 components and stow all but the table top. No more difficult than what we do now with 3 metal columns/legs.

Have you made a decision yet? I'm interested in learning as much as possible before we decide.
Footloose Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:25 PM   #3

I ordered and installed the SNAP 2 Folding Table Base V-40.

The table is more stable and can me moved around. It takes a little getting used to when raising and lowering it in a tight space. I’m happy with it.
RFishstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 08:37 PM   #4

I was able to check out my G16BH today after it was delivered to my local dealer. It just so happens that I read this very thread last night so when I opened the door and stepped up into the coach, I took a peek at the dinette table. Evidently, Forest River has gotten the memo because there are now 3 table legs positioned in such a way as to not impede leg room under the table while sitting in the dinette. Very stable design. I'm happy to see a manufacturer taking steps to remedy small nuisances.
MudPuddleDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:08 PM   #5

Just a thought. But check out the base for,tables that is used on pontoon boats. They are very sturdy
Gonefishing1 is offline   Reply With Quote