Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #1

need help

Hello all, we are new to the camping world and are about to purchase our first travel trailer. We are getting a 2000 rockwood ultra lite. I dont have the model number yet still waiting on the owner to provide that. However I do know the floor plan. My question is how can I find the specs for this camper I have looked every where with no luck. The owner did give me some numbers that were on the side of the camper if this will help.
LE952A
T245
CO207
Don't know if this will mean anything to any one but some help would be nice.

Thanks
aesinc
aesinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
Site Team

I found specs for a few different models by searching google. If you'll let us know the model number of the unit I'm sure someone will be able to porvide specs. Unfortunately none of those numbers you gave mean anything to me.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #3
Cyber Phrenologist

Important weight and capacity numbers are generally on a sticker pasted to the inside of one of the cabinet doors in the kitchen.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:45 AM   #4

Thats what I thought. I have googled everything under the sun the Oldest one I can find is a 2003 rockwood ultra lite model number 8298ss. This floor plan looks like the pics I have recvd. I just wasnt sure of how much differance there would be between the two as far as weight goes.
aesinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:14 PM   #5
CampeRooo

Well, I know that it's not much...but maybe this might be some help to at least see some of the options that were available?

http://www.nadaguides.com/default.as...87&y=2000&ml=R

There is an 8298s that's a 31 footer...sound right?

From there, a lot of times, you can order some owner manuals from the manufacturer. I've contacted their customer service department and was able to get some pages sent to me concerning a repair for the lift system on an 86 rockwood popup trailer i own. So maybe talking to them will help? Let me check my email for the contact I used...

Stephanie Little (slittle@forestriverinc.com)
Her number is 574-642-2640

There's actually several phone numbers for the Forest River Manufacturer...so to make it easy, here's a link to those numbers: http://www.rvusa.com/rvmanuf2.asp?type=5thwheel

Hopefully you'll find what you're looking for.
We just bought a 2k M-18, which is their hybrid trailer...old, but in awesome shape.

Good luck!

Joe

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:43 AM   #6

Sometimes manufacturers change model numbers and/or discontinue models. You can go to the Forest River website and look at the floor plans currently offered to see if one matches yours. If one does, you can then check the specs of that model. If nothing matches, once you get your model number from the previous owner, post it here and we may be able to further help you. Here is the Forest River website:

http://www.forestriverinc.com/

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote