Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2015, 04:51 AM   #21

"Walk of shame" that's funny as hell! I'm not laughing at you - I'm laughing with you....been there
Old 06-30-2015, 06:14 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
Now why would you want to go and something like that?? You know you'll have to pay for it later.

I prefer the "long con". Accommodate her in any way you can on a day-to-day basis. Her manipulative skills and defenses will get rusty over time so when you tell her you need a bigger truck, she'll be caught off guard and won't know quite what to say.

Badabing!! New truck!!
X2

:roflb lack::roflblack
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:42 AM   #23
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger61 View Post
I subscribe to Cowracer's method and it seems to work well. If she hasn't used it in a couple of trips then I sneak it back into the house and hope she doesn't notice. If she does notice, I tell her it was in the way or something and I moved it into the house temporarily. If she insists it needs to go along, then I take the walk of shame and return it to the camper. I have learned that anything in the back of a cabinet or shelf is usually never noticed and if she notices it missing on a camping trip I immediately give an accusing look at my 14 year old son!
I find that if you make HER go get it, the "I gotta have it" factor drops quite a bit.

For those of you who don't live with a pack-rat spouse, you don't understand the special form of hell that it is. I have a oversize 2 car garage. I have my Harley, My riding mower, my sons motorcycle and my tools in it and that's pretty much it. The rest is full of 'stuff'. And I have to move that stuff around if I want to get any of them out. I have a rolling toolbox/workbench because I can't get a car into the garage so I am stuck working on them out in the driveway. My Odes Side-by-side stays at a buddy's house (for now) because there is no room at mine. It's not that she keeps 'crap' or junk like old newspapers. It's just that she can't bring herself to throw away anything that might have a use later.

I finally put my foot down and we have been slowly going thru the stuff in the garage, donating the good stuff and scrapping the rest, but each and every item that want to get rid of is like fighting a mini-battle. For instance, we had a HUGE argument over a Wagner Smart Roller paint thing that's in the garage (which, incidentally is the finest way to paint a room as I have ever found) that I bought and used 5 years ago when I painted my theater. It cost $25, and has been sitting on the shelf long enough that all the seals are probably dried out and cracked. I told her that if I ever need to paint something, I'll go buy another one. Now imagine a garage full of stuff like that.

Bless her and her frugal heart. She is a practical as a screwdriver, and that served us well when we were young, broke and struggling. But we are neither of those anymore. And I really wish I could use my garage again.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:57 AM   #24

Hey Tim,, you just reminded me of a battle I did win....the garage!!
One day my wife came out to the garage and asked "what are you doing out here?" In a kind of gruff voice I said NO, "the question is, what are YOU, doing out here? She's left me alone since then...YAY! I feel your pain, I had told my DW, if I can't get to anything in the garage, then I can't fix anything. I've also used that tactic, "then you get it". That seemed to work very well also.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:11 AM   #25

If you got a good buddy, the next time your going to be away out campin', arrange to be "robbed".

[Miraculously... just a few days later, the coppers were able to recover your bikes, riding lawnmower and tools.]
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:19 AM   #26

Hahahah! Good one Yarome!
Old 06-30-2015, 10:24 AM   #27
Old Ram Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
If you got a good buddy, the next time your going to be away out campin', arrange to be "robbed".

[Miraculously... just a few days later, the coppers were able to recover your bikes, riding lawnmower and tools.]
Maybe I can leave a door unlocked and he will get those Longaberger baskets in the basement too. She used to sell them and now they are all over the place and God forbid if I refer to them as "wicker". With my luck she would probably find them afterward at a yard sale or something and buy them back!!
Old 06-30-2015, 10:44 AM   #28

My wife is pretty good about packing light with everything except food. She wants to have choices for us all when we are out.

For example: On our last <48 hr weekend jaunt, she took 30# and 3 different kinds of potatoes. I was correct on how many we would eat... Zero. LOL

When stocking them in our coach, I sighed and made a few quick jokes to see if she would budge and left it at that. I said nothing and smiled when taking them out.

She takes care me and feeds me well so I have nothing to complain about. Except for maybe all of the loading and unloading. Could be worse
DocsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:10 AM   #29
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
It's not a garage, it's just a bigger walk-in closet.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:58 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
It's not a garage, it's just a bigger walk-in closet.
Bob.. you didn't happen to have brung along a porterhouse or a blackened catfish n' 2 beers wijyadidjya? If you canna pay the piper I'm telling Linda what you said.

~ Cheers on ya
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 12:14 AM   #31
Left Coast

Well, the way I see it, it's her convertible that's sitting outside.......Now, I just need someones stinky, burnt up tranny to rebuild....they do stink and so cotton being what it is, she gets to visit with Ms. Wirlpool and Mr. Tide more often.......It's a mans world.....? Also, how many shoes can you wear in a weekend.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:15 AM   #32
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

It's "my garage"....... why can't I work out there to do a project with out covering up your stuff first so it doesn't dusty & smelly? My truck is doesn't need covering though, it never gets inside.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:41 AM   #33
Left Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by elind View Post
It's "my garage"....... why can't I work out there to do a project with out covering up your stuff first so it doesn't dusty & smelly? My truck is doesn't need covering though, it never gets inside.
And because of that, truck never getting inside, I went to a auto paint store to get a fine buffing compound to help out 16 years of weather....instead, they sold me a 'clay cloth' ....using it and a water misting bottle, rubbing the paint like you were waxing, the paint came out so smooth I couldn't believe it. So after that and some good wax, got a semi new truck again. I did a few years ago built 2 shops in the back yard and might do more if the 'closet' doesn't return to it's rightful owner.