Old 09-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #11
Had a good trip up to Marion today. Nice and warm, the sun was up, the top was down!

The folks at Tom Johnson's couldn't have been nicer or more helpful. They scoured the lot to find the one 320rs they had (actually was sold to someone). The place is impressive to say the least. LOTS of rvs of every persuasion. Very nice campground and an enormous service center. The whole place must be on at least 100 acres.

I was equally impressed with the Columbus. I liked the layout and the fit and finish inside and out seemed excellent. The spacious feeling of the bathroom was a surprise. Storage space seems more than I'd ever use. I can see why people like the moveable island - offers alot of flexibility if you have guests/kids. This one had the grey exterior, which I do not care for, so brown/creme it is. Wish you could get the big fridge in this model. Did notice that it comes with 3, 20# gas bottles. There is not room in the slide-out rack for a fourth. May be a concern if I get the generator.

They should get back with me on Monday on price and value for my trade.

crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #12
I've bought both my RVs from Tom Johnson's and been very happy with the sales. Haven't had to have any service as of yet - both units were thorougly PDI's and I had ZERO problems with stuff not working, leaky seals, etc.

I deal with the Concord location, but from what I hear Marion is even better when it comes to the service dept.

We did trade in the first on the 2nd. I think we got a 'fair' price considering it was a trade - could have gotten 2K more if we sold it ourselves, but we needed to move the 1st camper quickly for various reasons and it was very convienient to do the trade.

Enjoy the new camper!!

2012 Flagstaff V-lite 30 WTBS
2011 Ford Expedition
4 kids and a hubby & never enough time to camp!
2011: 17 nights 2012: 26 nights 2013: 46 2014: 20 2015: 16
arlee453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:40 PM   #13
Well, I'm a bit disappointed. The dealer wants $10k more than the wholesaler if we include my trade. If no trade, then they are around $5k higher, and I'd still have to sell my trailer.

So I got alot to think about. At least I have figures to go with everything now.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #14
I guess you have some thinking to do. How far do you have to travel to the wholesaler? I think I'd try and sell it myself and see what happens. You may get more than you think and then decide on buying local or going to the wholesaler.
Fred & Teresa
2005 Coachmen Encore Sportscoach
2005 Harley Road King
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
FandRChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #15
The trip to the wholesaler is about 3 hours from where I'm working during the week (I spend each week at a job site and stay in my travel trailer).

The dealer is about 50 miles from my home in SC.

So, for my situation, using this at my job, then service with the wholesaler may be more convenient that hauling it all the way home. So I'm leaning towards the wholesaler right now.

But, the end of the month is upon us, so maybe I can get a few bucks out of the local dealer. We'll see if he calls me back...
Old 09-26-2012, 08:14 AM   #16
It seems as though you aren't hurting for cash. If that is the case, I'd order the new one from a wholesaler. When the new one arrives, clean the old one up nicely and price it fairly. Then sit on it until someone comes along that wants to buy it. I would recommend pricing it a few hundred higher than my bottom dollar. There are worlds of buyers out there that will NOT pay asking price and feel they are not getting the best deal possible unless you come down at least a little from asking price.

dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote