Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2016, 07:24 PM   #21

Yes that included installation. The land is nearly level. I just put the stabilizers down and the motorhome is level. I have both slides out and have plenty of room.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160731_201425.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	430.2 KB
ID:	115959  
glb6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:46 PM   #22

When I was getting ready to get mine installed I spent a couple of weeks looking at previous installations. If I saw a carport like I wanted I stopped and asked the homeowner who installed it and were they happy. One contractor name came up three times and that's the one I used. Plus, their price was acceptable.

Most, if not all, will say they can do the job in one day and that is correct. However, if the wind is blowing 12-15 knots or more they won't (and shouldn't) put up the long roof/side panels if more than 25 feet until the wind subsides a little. They told me even with four guys holding the panel (40 feet in my case) they can easily lose it to the wind...and a wind driven piece of sheet metal can do a lot of damage or cause big injuries. My contractor had all the base, side posts and roof support up and ready in about four hours. They can back the next morning after the wind quit and finished the job in just under four hours.
Old 08-01-2016, 01:05 PM   #23

Raptor
I am doing it like emm-dee did. I am installing gravel. I had an asphalt paving company quote me a price of 11,150 for an 18 x 60 pad. That was with gravel and 4 inches of blacktop. No way I could afford that so we are going with gravel and only 37' x 14. Have a contractor here digging out 4 inches deep and then he will fill it with gravel to be level.
The company I am buying my rv carport from said if it isn't level they charge another $150.on the day they install it. Went with Eagle carport in North Carolina.
rhughsless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 01:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhughsless View Post
Raptor
I am doing it like emm-dee did. I am installing gravel. I had an asphalt paving company quote me a price of 11,150 for an 18 x 60 pad. That was with gravel and 4 inches of blacktop. No way I could afford that so we are going with gravel and only 37' x 14. Have a contractor here digging out 4 inches deep and then he will fill it with gravel to be level.
The company I am buying my rv carport from said if it isn't level they charge another $150.on the day they install it. Went with Eagle carport in North Carolina.
Find another installer. They have to level it if only to determine the drop for water runoff. The whole leveling process takes about five minutes. The same time is involved whether the pad/gravel is perfectly level or off level by 5-6 inches.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:18 PM   #25

Refer to our post 13 above. We just finished a drive that was 16' x 130' using millage rolled flat rather than gravel. Excavating, 3 large loads of millage trucked 25 miles, taking out stumps, grading the drive and another area approx 30' x 60', drilling 21 post holes, and setting 21 cedar fence posts was a grand total of $1,800. We had another estimate that was more than double. You need to find another excavator.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 06:35 PM   #26

It's a dream in Pacific Northwest that much work for $1800, but you're giving me lot of ideas. I know where to start in pricing.
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote