Old 04-15-2014, 10:35 AM   #11
Daisy Boykin, Never gave the salt air conditions a consideration, that would have an impact on the finish of the TT and eventually effect the value at a later date. Thanks for the post. I live near the Chesapeake Bay and keep my boat at a local marina, and we are always fighting the effects of salt water and salt spray. So I will forget the idea of storing the TT near the beach, I will just visit and when I leave, it leaves with me. There are other storage areas here they usually range $50-$70 per month that storage is outside, some are gated. I will continue looking and trying to figure out how to handle the storage issue. meanwhile I really need to concentrate on camping.

Charles Firth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:45 AM   #12
My sister does similar to what you're talking about- she stores the camper at the campground that she stays at. They don't offer towing service to/from the sites, but her boyfriend's truck is good enough for that. They'll stay for 10 days at a time and she commutes to/from work from there (which I understand isn't an option for you since MB is so far from Newport News). She loves it- she's happy with going to the same place and actually would prefer to be seasonal, this was just a cheaper option for her.

As for a storage lot- lots of us do it. My lot is ran by the town that I live in and it's fairly cheap for the spot that we have (40' spot for $70/month). It's not covered and there isn't any electricity, but it's only about 6 miles from the house. As long as I remember my keys and fifth wheel hitch, it's convenient.

The downside- there are occasional reports of folks having stuff stolen from their trailers at storage lots.

2013 Sabre 36QBOK pulled by a 2012 Ram 3500 DRW
Blogs: Learn to RV & Personal Fulltiming Adventure
Towing Calculators: Towing Planner
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote