Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2018, 03:02 PM   #1

Need to find short term RV Storage in Las Vegas

I am planning a trip out west beginning in Mid-March and plan to be in Las Vegas on the 4th of April. I have a Nephew who is getting married out there on the 6th. A group of people are renting a house for 5 days. My plan is to stay in the house for the 5 days. I have made some calls to RV Storage places to see if any of them would allow me to store my 36' 5ver for that short of a period of time. They basically all wanted $200+ plus which is their monthly rate. I don't really need covered parking or anything like that just somewhere secure. I thought about just getting a campsite but, they are expensive out there. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:15 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

So.....I don’t get why you’re taking the fiver to Vegas at all if you’re planning on staying in the house with others.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:22 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
So.....I don’t get why you’re taking the fiver to Vegas at all if you’re planning on staying in the house with others.
No we are going to spend a few months on the road and the Vegas thing is just a small part of it.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:40 PM   #4

For $200 you could put your trailer in a campground outside of Las Vegas for a week. Try the campgrounds in Parumph NV. It is 45 min north of Vegas near Death Valley. We stayed there last winter at Wine Ridge RV Resort for $221/wk (with tax). Take a couple of days exploring Death Valley while you are there.
Goldwing 1800GL
Wilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:40 PM   #5

Contact some of the campgrounds. A lot of them have storage. We have used them for short term storage on occasion.
Old 10-17-2018, 03:47 PM   #6

need any work/maintence done? kill two birds with one stone. drop off at a dealer and pick up when you are ready to.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:55 PM   #7
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin & Judy View Post
Contact some of the campgrounds. A lot of them have storage. We have used them for short term storage on occasion.
Yep... many campgrounds will happily store your R/V (in a storage area WITHOUT hook-ups) for a few dollars a day.

We've done it several times when the trip home was long but we were planning to be back in the area at a different spot farther upstate a few weeks later.

If you are wanting to leave it plugged in then that's a whole other ballgame and you might as well rent a campsite or pay the storage fees, although we did get lucky at a campground once where they left us sit right at the site where we had camped for $45 a night and only charged us $10 a night while we were gone.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:31 PM   #8

The problem is that there are only a few campgrounds that are “quality “ enough to store at. Check Oasis rv Park. They have like a thousand spaces and probably would have storage. I did see a new place on north side of town with indoor storage also

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 10:29 PM   #9

There is a "county" campground North of North Las Vegas that quoted me $25 A night on May. It is aligned with the "county" rifle range.
khearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:19 AM   #10
Always Learning

The airport has oversized parking. I left my truck and rig there for 2 weeks while we flew back to PA. I’m not sure they’d like having just a camper parked there, though.

I know Thousand Trails has storage but they don’t always have spots available. We stayed there but also considered storing it.

Wish I had my notes. I don’t remember anywhere being $200 for my 42’ fifth wheel.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:06 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONDAMAN174 View Post
The problem is that there are only a few campgrounds that are “quality “ enough to store at. Check Oasis rv Park. They have like a thousand spaces and probably would have storage. I did see a new place on north side of town with indoor storage also
Checked at Oasis, they are full and said to check back as the time got nearer. I found the Clark County Shooting Complex it has a campground with full hookups for $25 night. It is North of town but, not too far about 30 mine and I won't have to empty the fridge and take the food with me.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
Checked at Oasis, they are full and said to check back as the time got nearer. I found the Clark County Shooting Complex it has a campground with full hookups for $25 night. It is North of town but, not too far about 30 mine and I won't have to empty the fridge and take the food with me.

IMO, the Oasis is really overpriced. Additionally, they will ask how old your RV is.

Sam's Town (now a KOA) is nearby, but also a tad expensive for what you get.

We just got back this week from Willow Beach in Arizona which is not too far from Los Wages. It's just below the Hoover Dam. The campground there is exceptionally clean and the plus side was that we got the space for $25/night (full hook ups) with a senior discount!
tosh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 06:10 PM   #13

Wine Ridge RV Resort in Pahrump is a great place. Rates for April 2019 will be around $45 a night for pull thru, full hook ups.
If you spend a few nights there you may be able to leave the trailer in their storage/staff parking lot for a very low fee. No hookups there but it is safe.
As another person said it is an easy drive into Death Valley, Beatty, Tecopa, Shoshone, China Ranch Date Farm and Ash Meadows. Also Front Sight and Spring Mountain Raceway are very close.
Travel Safe
azkquinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, storage