Old 09-05-2016, 07:54 AM   #21
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniandSal View Post
You had a 3 hour tour? We got maybe 20-30 minutes tour of the outside hookups, etc. I recorded it on my phone, but it ran out of power before he finished.
I wouldn't have taken possession of the RV until they gave me an adequate PDI.
Not sure why you allowed them to do that to you.

'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 08:22 AM   #22

Just remember what happened to Gilligan on a 3 hour tour! Considering that most RV lots have at least 25 different models of RVs, how can anyone expect your guide to do more than a cursory tour for the uninitiated to RV life? Here are the dump valves...dump the black first then dump the grey; here is the cable connection, here is the power cable, use a dogbone for less than 50 amps...

The list goes on and on. I think many regulars on this site could easily do a 3 hour PDI for any RV after looking at it for 5 minutes, but we are RVers. Someone who is available to do a PDI at an RV dealer generally has no more than a cursory knowledge of RV subsystems, not to mention the specific idiosyncrasies or a given brand and model. We all have been told the wrong things with tremendous emphasis during a PDI.

That is what this site is for and it does the job extremely well. If only new members would learn to search before asking or just lurk and listen to the problems that others have gotten into. They will become experienced RVers in a couple of days.

The shorter the PDI...the less misinformation.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 08:37 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBrownstein View Post
Just remember what happened to Gilligan on a 3 hour tour! Considering that most RV lots have at least 25 different models of RVs, how can anyone expect your guide to do more than a cursory tour for the uninitiated to RV life? Here are the dump valves...dump the black first then dump the grey; here is the cable connection, here is the power cable, use a dogbone for less than 50 amps...

The list goes on and on. I think many regulars on this site could easily do a 3 hour PDI for any RV after looking at it for 5 minutes, but we are RVers. Someone who is available to do a PDI at an RV dealer generally has no more than a cursory knowledge of RV subsystems, not to mention the specific idiosyncrasies or a given brand and model. We all have been told the wrong things with tremendous emphasis during a PDI.

That is what this site is for and it does the job extremely well. If only new members would learn to search before asking or just lurk and listen to the problems that others have gotten into. They will become experienced RVers in a couple of days.

Very Good Info! Thank You! Youroo!!
Old 09-05-2016, 08:58 AM   #24

Quote:

LOL. I do trust my dealer and they did a thorough PDI on my new camper. But if I have a problem, here is where I go first. Touche'. Well stated.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Fuzion Impact 312
2015 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ
WELL....THAT WAS FUN!

ChipBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:43 AM   #25

Send a message via Skype™ to DAISY BOYKIN
Cable should be used for TV

This is he cable that should be used for all RV park cable service
and any Satellite service. It is quad shielded.
It can be found on AMAZON>

Cable Matters 2-Pack, CL2 In-Wall Rated (CM) Quad Shielded RG6 Coaxial Patch Cable in Black 50 Feet
Sold by: Cable Matters
BOLIY PRO 3600SI GEN
DAYS CAMPED 2016 74 DAYS
DAISY BOYKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:55 AM   #26
Team Bleu

We have box which needs to be switch to Cable, plus the TV input
Old 09-05-2016, 12:14 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
I wouldn't have taken possession of the RV until they gave me an adequate PDI.
Not sure why you allowed them to do that to you.
My guess is this is their first TT and I'm willing to be 95% of people don't know what an "adequate" PDI should be. If they don't know what to ask about after they're shown what the dealer shows them I guess that's what you get.
Old 09-05-2016, 01:11 PM   #28

...and those that have had RVs know what questions to ask and can be done with a PDI in half and hour.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 03:54 PM   #29
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
...and those that have had RVs know what questions to ask and can be done with a PDI in half and hour.
Scott, we had never owned anything but a basic popup.
It was a family owned dealer known for good service.
We had driven 2000 miles and they wanted to make sure they went over everything, before we headed back.
Their tech was extremely knowledgeable.
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 04:44 PM   #30

Inadequate instructions for TV cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb422 View Post
...Do any dealers cover this in the walk through? ...
Indeed, do any dealers have documentation outlining minimum requirements for a walk through?

Evidently, your walk through was no better than mine. A service department trainee walked us through our new TT and pointed at components and repeated their names. He rarely demonstrated functionality. I received no documentation outlining the walk through, so whatever the tech saw and named was the scope of my walk through.

I want a user friendly user manual that would be ... well ... useful! It would include basic procedures covered in a walk through as well as more detailed descriptions for all component and system. Such a manual would really be helpful for a newbie, like me.

Tags
cable