Old 06-01-2011, 10:55 PM   #1

New 2012 26TBUD - what do we need to get started

Hi All,

We just purchased a 2012 26TBUD which we will pick up next week, is there anything that we will need to get started? I'm sure our dealer will go through this with us...just a little excited. Also, we are in Canada and picking the unit up from TerryTown in Michigan, so contact has been limited.

For all you other TBUD owners have you had any major issues with your TT, or do you have any recommendations regarding our PDI and specifics?

Thanks for your help...looking forward to camping!!!!

Old 06-10-2011, 10:56 AM   #2

26tbud

I had to take out 2012 26tbud back to the dealer because of an issue with the TV tray.

The issue was when the TV was facing to the back of the trailer the tray was loose at the top. When it was turned to the front of the trailer (bedroom side) it was good. The dealer had to install shims in the tray. All is good now.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:15 PM   #3

Need as in accessories?

#1 on the list CHOCKS! trust me....nothing like seeing a TT roll over its scissor jacks into the vehicle....or worse.
2011 Surveyor 304
g0tr00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:31 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke View Post
Hi All,

We just purchased a 2012 26TBUD which we will pick up next week, is there anything that we will need to get started? I'm sure our dealer will go through this with us...just a little excited. Also, we are in Canada and picking the unit up from TerryTown in Michigan, so contact has been limited.

For all you other TBUD owners have you had any major issues with your TT, or do you have any recommendations regarding our PDI and specifics?

Thanks for your help...looking forward to camping!!!!
I took delivery of my 26TBUD a couple months ago. We love the design and everything has gone pretty well so far. We had it delivered from the dealer. I was going to pick it up but when I figured the cost gas, etc. it wasn't much less then hiring a delivery service. Glad I did, the driver had a hell of a drive with traffic (9+ hours) one way. Was a little scary taking delivery never seeing the actual camper before (except pics) but all went well.

You will need good chocks, some scrap wood (4x4's, 2x8, etc.) for leveling side to side and under your stabilizers/front jack, sewer drain pipe, white water hose, etc. Then all the gear you would need in a 2nd house.

The dealer should hopefully go through all the systems with you and fire them up. Also make sure they take the time to properly setup your weight distribution hitch and sway system prior to leaving. (are they providing it?) Tow it for a bit when leaving, if it's difficult to drive or swaying go back to the dealer and have them adjust it. It has taken me some time to "dial-in" my WDH setup...

We haven't (knock on wood) had anything major. My radio had power problems but I fixed that in 5 minutes. Power connection in the back fell out of crimp.

Take lots of notes, ask lots of questions, and if possible stay at a nearby campground that night. Best way to test everything...

Tags
26tbud