Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2016, 08:35 PM   #1

New 2014 Wildwood/A Cover?

Hi all,
As I mentioned in my intro, I recently purchased a 2014 Wildwood trailer. We opted to store the trailer on the RV lot where we made the purchase. It will be there until April, when we move it to a campground. Apparently the previous owner has left a cover. We were told it was a good cover, but I have no details about the cover. Wondering if I should drive over to the RV lot and find out what kind of cover it is and possibly put in on over the winter. Also, I have heard there are some moisture absorbers some people put in their trailers over the winter. Do you? And can you recommend any? Finally, as we approach winter, are there other things I should do or that I should make sure are being done? Have been told that the trailer is winterized and that I have nothing to worry about.

Thanks,
Joe
joetab1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 08:36 AM   #2

I cover my TT because I have to, the sun would destroy it. I don't know what the advantage would be to cover yours during the winter. If there is some benefit then cover it. Make sure it's a breathable cover and I would verify it has been winterized properly. There are probably some times that a dehumidifier would help. I use one during the winter here because of the temp differential from outside to inside the warmer TT.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:09 AM   #3
Insert witty title here

I use DampRid instead of a dehumidifier. The only caveat is that they have to be changed every 6 weeks or so.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, cover, wildwood