Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2018, 04:37 PM   #21

don't forger the short fresh water tank fill hose, I prefer the ones with the shut off valve, in the past I have used regular garden hose and just cut off about 8 inches. enjoy and have fun
Denny in Los Lunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:44 PM   #22
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
Just a heads up that some drinking hoses are blue.
Yes they are...BUT... be careful!

My Uncle & I each bought new BLUE drinking hoses near the end of last season.
We both thought... Hum... why not get the new blues ones... and had BIG problems with the plastic smell & taste from them.

We returned them for the old faithful white ones. No more smell/taste and never looked back.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:46 PM   #23

New RV typically means an active Amazon account at my house. Lots of must haves.

Congratulations on the new rig.
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:55 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
I'd recommend also picking up a 50 to 30 adapter, since you never know when you'll end up on a 50A only site. You mention the inline filter, but not the actual hose itself. You'll want one marked for drinking water (white).

And congrats on the new camper!
White hose or someone now has a blue one for a bit more but our dealer sent us out with a simple Valterra starter kit. Some say cheap, I say hey for 30-40 nights a year so far two years ok.
https ://www.amazon.com/Valterra-K88205-Coupler-Accessory-Starter/dp/B0030G80KS#immersive-view_1519883380964

Either way, don't forget a pressure regulator. If you will be on hook ups a lot, there is a great adjustable regulator or two. Valterra makes a good one. The kit plus heavy rubber chocks (Harbor Freight) and boards or linx levelors and work out from there.

Mostly, enjoy the new rig and definitely start once in your drive way or very near home for a couple nights. That will help with stuff you NEED versus WANT.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:16 AM   #25

Great tips everyone thank you all!!! I forgot we have a Harbor Freight nearby, it never would have occurred to me to check there.

I feel good, I think I had a good handle on what we need and the rest will come along after some trial runs.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:30 PM   #26

I always forget about Harbor freight too, hubby loves the store.

I looked up your trailer, it is the same floor plan as what we are looking at in the salem 263bhxl. We are shopping now for a new truck so we can make the upgrade. I love the 2 doors with one right to the bathroom and the wider bunks will be nice, what we have now the bunks are like a tomb. lol

2008 Dodge Durango retired
2015 Salem cruise lite 195bh retired
2021 Cherokee Grey Wolf 26dbh
daybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:32 PM   #27

Yes I agree wholeheartedly! Having the separate entrance directly to the bathroom especially with two kids was huge for us. We also wanted an outdoor kitchen and most units are one or the other but we managed to get a little mini fridge and outdoor stove along We also wanted an outdoor kitchen and most units are one or the other but we managed to get a little mini fridge and outdoor stove along with the second entry. Bonus!
I hope your new rig comes to fruition I hope your new rig comes to fruition as well! ☺
Old 03-01-2018, 02:53 PM   #28

We looked at the hemisphere 309bok, it has the outdoor kitchen the cruise lite does not the hemisphere was also longer than what we would like. I would like the outdoor kitchen but it wasn't a must have. Maybe that will change by the time we find the right truck.

Your right though you usually see either the outdoor kitchen or the 2nd door into the bathroom.

Old 03-01-2018, 03:31 PM   #29
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaN View Post
Having the separate entrance directly to the bathroom especially with two kids was huge for us.
This was a must-have for us and we surprisingly found it was one of the least used features of our RV. That $#@$#@FDSA$#@%$ door was always locked when we needed it! Meaning, we'd have to walk through the main door and through the house anyway.

That all changed when we put a keyless lock on it from rvlock.com. Now we use it all of the time.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:01 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
This was a must-have for us and we surprisingly found it was one of the least used features of our RV. That $#@$#@FDSA$#@%$ door was always locked when we needed it! Meaning, we'd have to walk through the main door and through the house anyway.

That all changed when we put a keyless lock on it from rvlock.com. Now we use it all of the time.
I can see that happening.

Old 03-21-2018, 05:44 PM   #31

Did you push your pickup date up? This weather isn't good for pdi that's for sure.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:17 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by daybreak View Post
Did you push your pickup date up? This weather isn't good for pdi that's for sure.
Ended up having to reschedule to Tuesday 27th. Big bummer ! I'm hating Mother Nature today for sure!!! ☹
Old 03-21-2018, 06:21 PM   #33

She sure has something against us this month. Looks like next week is going to be good though.

We picked ours up the last week of April in 2015 and is was so cold and light snow...gotta love new England.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:24 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by daybreak View Post
She sure has something against us this month. Looks like next week is going to be good though.

We picked ours up the last week of April in 2015 and is was so cold and light snow...gotta love new England.
Normally I don't bitch anpit thweather given I am born an raised in New England but damnit I was looking forward to today. Today's my kids 16th birthday, too and thanks to weather we had to postpone his birthday dinner. LOL
As you said welcome to New England
Old 05-05-2018, 08:21 AM   #35

Use a surge protector to protect all the new electronics in the camper. Happy Camping!
Progressive Industries, Inc. | Rv Surge Protection
Bigtee4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper