Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2015, 08:50 AM   #1

New camper quality

Hey guys, Wanted to post a review on my new 274rk camper. People including myself will complain loudly about certain things, the difference being I also like to praise a product when deserved.
On our 8 day trip we recently went on, I had the opportunity to really do an up close inspection on our unit. I went over EVERYTHING and to my surprise found NOTHING wrong....(I have a mechanical background) So I may find things others wouldn't. I was impressed...no messes, no crooked outlets,seams and gaskets were beautiful,trim work thru out the camper was done very nicely.

The camper is laid out very nicely.Living space is very open and large, because of this the bedroom suffers a little, since I only spend a couple of minutes a day changing, this to me is no big deal. I just grab my stuff and change in the living room.While I'm on the bedroom, since the head of the bed is kind of "tucked" under the cabinets you have to kind of duck your head to get into bed.Trust me, you'll only crack your head once....LOL
Bathroom, Love it! Plenty of storage and a floor to ceiling closet.
The living/dining area is also very nice. I doubt my DW and I will ever use the couch because the camper has very comfy recliners, but it does have a nice storage area and will be great for the little ones when we take them along. The kitchen is also very nice.Plenty of storage and a floor to ceiling pantry which rocks! We looked at pricier rigs with bigger kitchens that had no pantry so we are tickled with the pantry. There is also a large upper cabinet just inside the door which works well for items that are used frequently, lanterns, thermocell, paper towels...etc.
My only real complaint and it is very minor, the bedroom door opens into hallway and door knob will hit bathroom wall.It didn't look like hinges came off easily so I couldn't put hinge stop on. for now I put one of those plastic protectors that stick on the wall. Will revisit this again.
I think people compare their camper to their house and thats not the way to do it.
Conclusion; trailer is designed well,very functional,interior quality was higher than expected, and my DW and I love it.!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0804.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	344.6 KB
ID:	77080   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0047.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	473.3 KB
ID:	77082   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0048.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	563.9 KB
ID:	77083  
Old 05-16-2015, 09:22 AM   #2

Nice to hear positive comments! Good looking unit!
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 ltr V8
3.92 rear axel ratio
Soonermikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 07:49 PM   #3

New camper quality

I picked up a 2015 Sierra select 32QBBS this year and really don't have any complaints on the quality either. Little saw dust in the corners on top of the cabinets and a couple screws in the basement that were crooked but all in all everything seems to put together pretty good. I'm still not sure why they don't mount the toilet paper holder. I thought it was just missed on my last one but I guess they just toss it in the drawer.

I did have a bad water pump but they shipped me one from the factory and I had it in 3 days so no real complaints. My dad also picked up a new one this year and his toilet valve was busted. Looked to me like they water tested it and didn't Winterize it and it froze but they shipped him a new one too. So far I'm very satisfied with forest river and I have no dealer or quality complaints.
Maxhise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 07:54 PM   #4

Good to hear maxhise., I was very pleased with unit, selling dealer not so much.....
Old 07-22-2015, 07:11 PM   #5

Good product, poor workmanship

I must be unlucky. I really like our 2015 2604WS, but the workmanship is awful.

The first time we brought it home my wife noticed the front stabilizer jack was crooked as she lowered it. It turns out that three of the four mounting bolts were missing, and the forth was hanging on by just a few threads.

A screw on a strap holding up the black water outlet was broken off at the head, so the outlet bounced around as we towed.

The trim on both sides of the sliding door between bathroom and bedroom had been cut too long to fit and screwed in anyway. It bulged out from the door frame by about an inch.

Battens are used on the bottom to hold the bottom cover in place. A screw head had broken off and the batten had bent away from the bottom cover.

The living room slide hit the knobs on the entertainment center and popped them off the first time we operated it. I had to cut back the trim on the slide out to allow a reliable 1/4" of clearance to those knobs.

The TV also rubbed against the slide as it was operated. The dealer fixed this by shimming the TV so it wouldn't tilt forward.

The shower leaked because the extrusion at the bottom hadn't been properly caulked before the rest of the shower metal and glass was installed.

And today I noticed that the cabinet opening for the range isn't square by about 1/4". The range is squeezed in front so that the glass cover doesn't seat as it should when it's lowered. Fixing this may not be easy.

I'm happy enough with the layout and the materials, but the impression I get is that QC at Rockwood is non-existent. The factory seems to rely on the dealers and customers to do QC after the product has been shipped. American workmanship really needs to be better than this!!!
Gyrogearloose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, quality