Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2016, 04:38 PM   #1

New Flying J in Springfield, MO

Today we checked out the new Flying J travel center that just opened west of Springfield, Missouri. It includes RV lanes. Easy to get to off I-44, Exit 72.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160831_104648.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	119040  
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:35 PM   #2

Nice gas prices,but the diesel prices suck.

2011 Ram Mega Cab 3500 Larimie dually
2016 Chaparral 370FL
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:09 AM   #3
Insert witty title here

Can it accommodate large trailers pulled by gassers? Does it have dump stations?

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:11 AM   #4

Flying J

Yay I love Flying J in that I have never seen one that did not have two RV lanes that make it easy to get in and out for fuel (gas or diesel) I use the Pilot APP to mark them out on my route

Other Motorhome

2013 F-150 Eco-Boost V6
mrmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 11:56 AM   #5

I guess Flippin J has conveniences, but if it's anything like the one at Emporia, Kansas ... I can drive down the road less than a mile any time of the year and save 15 to 25 cents a gallon on diesel loyalty card or not. For me ... that removes most all interest in patronizing Flippin J. I double tow, so your ease of access rebuttal won't make any difference to me.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
Can it accommodate large trailers pulled by gassers? Does it have dump stations?
Yes, it can accommodate both gas and diesel vehicles pulling large trailers in the RV lanes. There is also propane available, as well as dump station.
Old 09-01-2016, 02:43 PM   #7

Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
Yes, it can accommodate both gas and diesel vehicles pulling large trailers in the RV lanes. There is also propane available, as well as dump station.
They do have two RV lanes but beware og Idots who park in front of the exit for both lanes. Yes, there are parking allowed there but please, if the public would allow room for long rigs to get to pump and then safely pull out. I had a motor home and car trailer, 70' total length. Getting out of some fuel lines was a treat. Sometimes I would get to the pump and have a clear exit when a 16 passenger van would park in my exit lane. Not fun!
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 02:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveandSue View Post
Nice gas prices,but the diesel prices suck.

I paid $2.62.9 for diesel last Friday, I rather like that price...
Old 09-01-2016, 03:02 PM   #9

That's not the price.

See the little letters????? "CASH"

Gasoline is same price cash or credit. Diesel no.

I won't stop there unless I have to, which is way too often.

Access is impossible at 65' anymore......some bozo decided all new service stations would have the fuel lanes perpendicular to the road. UGH!

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 04:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqparalegal1 View Post
They do have two RV lanes but beware og Idots who park in front of the exit for both lanes. Yes, there are parking allowed there but please, if the public would allow room for long rigs to get to pump and then safely pull out. I had a motor home and car trailer, 70' total length. Getting out of some fuel lines was a treat. Sometimes I would get to the pump and have a clear exit when a 16 passenger van would park in my exit lane. Not fun!
Thankfully that isn't the case all the time; however, we have a 55' overall length and have had to wait for some dork(s) to finish their lunch before we could pull out -- not always at Flying J/Pilot either. Happens everywhere!
Old 09-01-2016, 04:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
That's not the price.

See the little letters????? "CASH"

Gasoline is same price cash or credit. Diesel no.

I won't stop there unless I have to, which is way too often.

Access is impossible at 65' anymore......some bozo decided all new service stations would have the fuel lanes perpendicular to the road. UGH!

As I understand it, if you use the Pilot/Flying J card, you get a .07/gal discount on gas and .10 (maybe more, not sure) on diesel. Agree with design of fuel lanes perpendicular to the road. Texas is one state that is easier due to many of their stations being parallel or at least 45-degrees to the main road.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:12 PM   #12

Yikes that a lot for diesel NJ if you look hard can be had for under 2 bucks per gal
Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:23 PM   #13
jammer 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post

I paid $2.62.9 for diesel last Friday, I rather like that price...
I paid $2.02 in Jolpin mo
rlschurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:24 AM   #14
Insert witty title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
Thankfully that isn't the case all the time; however, we have a 55' overall length and have had to wait for some dork(s) to finish their lunch before we could pull out -- not always at Flying J/Pilot either. Happens everywhere!
You have to be good at sizing up a gas station as you approach as to whether or not you can navigate in and out. There have been times where I pull off for gas, can't find a suitable station, then had to travel a couple of miles before finding someplace where I can turn around to head back to the highway then do this again for then next 5 or 6 exits. It is for this reason I carry 10 extra gallons with me as an emergency back up.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:04 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
You have to be good at sizing up a gas station as you approach as to whether or not you can navigate in and out. There have been times where I pull off for gas, can't find a suitable station, then had to travel a couple of miles before finding someplace where I can turn around to head back to the highway then do this again for then next 5 or 6 exits. It is for this reason I carry 10 extra gallons with me as an emergency back up.

Yep, always looking at the "situation" and start looking to top off when we are approaching a half tank.