Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #1

New GPS just for RVers with long high profile rigs

The Long Awaited TripMaster RVND 5510 GPS from Rand McNally
If you’re like me you have dreamed about this device so often you have convinced yourself that you invented it.
So you wanted a device that would not only tell you where you are, where you are going and how to get there but you need it to stay in the RV and you want it to compliment your motor home to the max while taking up as little space as possible. On top of that you want something so easy to use that you look forward to playing with it. How about storing your RV manuals on it? How about the music you want to take with you on the next trip. How about not having to enter all those special places for RVs into your other car gps. And my favorite, you know how you find that perfect gas station that’s easy to get into and out of with the RV and it has all of your favorite brands of foods and the best price on ice and the clean bathrooms. Well you can instal those locations on this device as well and soon you will have your own little trail of perfect gas stations listed everywhere you go. Lets not forget this little RVND 5510 is made by Rand McNally which means you get all they have to offer for free not to mention first in line for updates and new map downloads.
What if this gadget was equipped with built in icons that will give you the information you need now without clicking through a path of pages. Enough of the fantasy talk already, here are the actual specs on this thing,
TripMaker® RVND5510 overview:
Built for RV Adventures
This Rand McNally 5″ GPS device has been designed specifically for the RVer! RV-Easy routing begins with a base of award-winning navigation from Rand McNally; includes legal, Parkway and Boulevard, weight, and height restrictions – all designed for the specific type of RV you are using. The TripMaker® RVND™ 5510 layers on all the information you need to have an enjoyable and safe trip in your RV.
§ More than 14 million points of interest – including festivals, National/State/Regional Parks and other Rand McNally researched locations
§ Rand McNally proprietary trip content – plan a weekend, city side trip, regional trip and more with specific information on places to stop and unique things to do
§ RV campgrounds, RV dealers and service locations, parking and rest areas, travel centers with detailed amenities
§ Detailed exit information that provides retailers, lodging and other services just off highway exits
§ RVer Tools including Checklists, Quick Mileage Calculations, Maintenance Logs, and Breadcrumb Trails to get you back to your campsite
§ Pet-friendly locations – animal hospitals, hiking trails, parks, beaches, and more
§ Extra content downloadable with a PC and internet connection via the RVND™ Dock
§ Real-time traffic ready – requires additional accessory
Screen Images
Link to Manuf. Page NEW GPS

RVND5510
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:42 PM   #2

Looks nice, Iggy. Any word on pricing yet?
Old 05-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by backin15 View Post
Looks nice, Iggy. Any word on pricing yet?
Full reatl is $349.99 but I;m sure the price will drop after all the sellers get them.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:12 PM   #4

I like the DEZL 560lmt from Garmin
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesm View Post
I like the DEZL 560lmt from Garmin

Yes I looked into it also and it is more expensive and has additional subscriptions which brings the cost up. Traffic info without ads, speed camera locations to name a few. It looks good but I will take a closer look at the Rand McNally one when it comes out.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:36 PM   #6

it looks promising. has a lot of features that i like. would like to know if it will work on the Natchez trace (commercial vehicles not allowed but rv's are. garmin 465t tries to get u off of it as soon as u turn on it. have to switch to car mode to nav. u loose the overpass info in car mode).

sounds like they did their homework on this one.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I wonder if they are producing this GPS based on the Good Sam GPS Survey I took about 3 years ago?? It sure looks like everything I was looking for. At $350 it's not too pricey compared to others with less features for RVers.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:53 PM   #8

Location: No longer own a Forest River product, but enjoy the info on this site
Darn... there's not an 'app for that'

looks like we're going with the TripMaster....

That has all of the necessary information.

Darren
teamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:00 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgl View Post
Darn... there's not an 'app for that'

looks like we're going with the TripMaster....

That has all of the necessary information.

Darren
I want a APPS that has live updates on fuel prices and directs you there.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:42 PM   #10

Good looking piece John. Thanks for the heads up.

BOB
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #11

HOT NEWS for new GPS!

I just found out that they will be released this week but the better news is if you buy it from the Rand McNally site add the Secret Code for a 20% discount. Code is " VIP "

That brings the cost down from $349.99 to $279.99 plus tax and Free shipping $303. This is what it came to for my AZ tax. Yours may be different.

Don't tell anyone else...OK
Old 05-31-2011, 10:15 AM   #12
Wanna Be Camper

I wonder if it tries to take you across farmers fields like my Tom Tom does.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 11:56 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
I just found out that they will be released this week but the better news is if you buy it from the Rand McNally site add the Secret Code for a 20% discount. Code is " VIP "

That brings the cost down from $349.99 to $279.99 plus tax and Free shipping $303. This is what it came to for my AZ tax. Yours may be different.

Don't tell anyone else...OK
Iggy, do you happen to know if there is a new discount code? VIP no longer works.
frankm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #14
2011 Berkshire 390bh

I saw another review of the unit on another website and it looks pretty darn slick! Sounds like an improvement over my Garmin 465t which I just bought last year. Oh well, the technology gremlin that makes all purchases obsolete has struck again!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:36 PM   #15

Both the VIP and the great20 discount code has been turned off.
BUMMER
peskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #16

Camping World has the unit on sale. Along with their "PC" discount and an extra 10% savings ( code 1149) I was able to order at $ 288.00. That's the best price I could find.
peskin is offline   Reply With Quote