Old 05-17-2015, 09:03 PM   #11

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
We camp at the Thousand Trails/Outdoor World called Seapines. It's a pretty straight sit into the beach tag beaches of Avalon. It's not walk to the beach close, but not a bad drive.
Ependydad we just received a free years membership to Thousand Trails with our new TT purchase and were going to try Seapines. Pros/cons?

Old 05-17-2015, 09:12 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordtuf70 View Post
Ependydad we just received a free years membership to Thousand Trails with our new TT purchase and were going to try Seapines. Pros/cons?
We stayed there 2x. It is on a first come basis, you make the reservation for a spot only, that could be a full service (water, electric. and sewer) to just water and electric. Get there as early as possible for a good spot. They color code the sites on the map telling which site has what type of hookups.Trees everywhere which makes it a tight squeeze. New pool and member area, nice store and only minutes from the beech.

2005 Ford Excursion 6 liter Turbo Diesel
Bilcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:37 PM   #13
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordtuf70 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilcin View Post
We stayed there 2x. It is on a first come basis, you make the reservation for a spot only, that could be a full service (water, electric. and sewer) to just water and electric. Get there as early as possible for a good spot. They color code the sites on the map telling which site has what type of hookups.Trees everywhere which makes it a tight squeeze. New pool and member area, nice store and only minutes from the beech.
Bill/Cindy covered it well. While it can be a tight squeeze, we take our crew cab/long bed truck + 42' fifth wheel there. I did have one incident with trying to make a turn that I almost couldn't (we actually had to (cough) gently urge a sign out of our way (cough)). Other folks complain of tree branches encroaching on their rig, but I've honestly not had much issue.

If you don't get a sewer site, you get free honey pot service. They're generally in a rush to get done and will hassle you if your sewer outlet is beneath a slide (both of mine are).

I haven't been there since summer of 2013.

Overall, I like it there.

One last note- since it is a popular summer destination, book as early as possible. You're competing with everyone else who has 60 day reservations and some folks who have anywhere from 90-180 day reservation windows.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:53 PM   #14

I'll agree with what a few others have said. Beachcomber and Seashore Campsites are both at the top of my list for the shore area.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:01 PM   #15
Summer2Go

If you like a small and filthy pool....

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 05-18-2015, 08:10 PM   #16
Summer2Go

Beachcomber is the only campground in 10 years my kids couldn't wait to leave!

Old 05-19-2015, 06:46 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer2Go View Post
Beachcomber is the only campground in 10 years my kids couldn't wait to leave!

I'm sorry for your bad experience Summer2Go. Granted I haven't gone down there in a few years, but our family always had a great time there. We generally camped with at least one other friend or a gang. Sometimes it depends on the people you are with.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:45 PM   #18

We go to Beachcomber 4 or 5 times a season for the last 4 years. Never had an issue and my kids love it.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:35 PM   #19
Summer2Go

They had a young kid at the counter who checked us in, and put us in a tent site. The Mosquitos and insects were horrible, and the lot was so full of trees we couldn't get near the power with our cord. I had to use an extension cord for our easy-up. We went back to management, and they refused to help in any way, even though there was 10 or more campsites in front of us un-occupied for the entire time we were there. My kids see everything, there must have been a half dozen violations we recognized in the short time we were there. I would have been better off in a state park offering nothing.