Old 04-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
New potential owner

Hello all, this is my first post and I am glad to join your group.

We currently have a 40 foot Motorhome. We have traveled less over the last few years. We do have an RV lot in the Florida Keys and we find ourselves spending 4 to 5 months a year there and are thinking about leaving an rv there permanently.

My Wife would love to have her own bedroom and bath and that just isn't going to happen in the MH. I have started to look at either destination trailers or fifth wheels. The two I have found that seem to fit the bill are both fifth wheels, one being the Cedar Creek 36B4 Touring Edition and the Mobile or Elite Suites 43 Manhattan by DRV. The Cedar Creek with most options would run around $75K and the DRV between $110-135K

My questions start with the ability and willingness to make certain modifications by Cedar Creek. DRV will do just about anything you want them too. On the Cedar Creek, I would like a Hide-a-Bed Sofa (the kind with the Air Dream Mattress) in both the Living Room and 2nd bedroom. I would also like recliners in the 2nd bedroom in one slide as well as have the lower window and upper bunks eliminated in both of those slides so that the recliners and Hide-a-Bed do not set in front of the lower windows. Does anyone know if Cedar Creek will make changes like that?

Again, glad to be here!

gatogonow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
Hello, and to the forums. Glad to have you on board.

As for your questions, that is best answered by the dealer. Some furniture can be swapped in and out, ordered certain ways, etc., but the dealer will have to determine what he is willing to do. As a tech, I have removed dining areas and put in a couch for customers, and other stuff, but my dealer is willing to make most mods people ask for, when possible. Ask your dealer, since you are wanting very specific mods to fit your wants/needs. He/She will be the one with the answer.

2012 Ford F250 ext. Cab 4x4
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
Thanks for the reply. I agree that most Dealers will make furniture changes etc, but specifically the elimination of the bunks and windows would have to be done by Cedar Creek. Most manufacturers stopped making changes when the market was great and have started making changes again in the harder times. I didn't know if Cedar Creek had changed their minds and allow certain mods. Again, thanks for the response!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
Why not buy a manufactured home in a park or a sticks and bricks house?
FOR SALE 2014 BOSS 6.2L F350
2012 Surveyor SV264
NW Oregon
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #5
The lot is zoned transient so in the Florida Keys, that means no Park Model or sucks and bricks, it has to ne a transportable RV.