Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2015, 09:02 PM   #11
Site Team
 
asquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 10,373
Look at what front side...... I really know nothing about heating/air. We have 2 ACs
__________________

__________________
<a href=http://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg target=_blank>http://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg</a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:37 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 16
Sure thing. so the front of the A/C unit inside the camper is the intake. that is the side with the filter. remove the cover and the foam filer and take a look inside. you will see the wiring and if you can see in the attic space (see insulation) than the A/C can pull air from that area. You have to remove the six screws that hold the plastic cover for the unit to get to the back side where the duct work is.
Was your front A/C factory or dealer installed?
__________________

__________________
TheOrrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:48 PM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 10
ependydad you are correct on the postings. My point reflects on my observations on the assembly lines. Sloppy workmanship has become an accepted norm. Routine maintenance is required for any product but we as customers of new products should not have to complete a project we paid someone to do during construction.
__________________
The Villager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 11:52 PM   #14
Site Team
 
asquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 10,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrrs View Post
Sure thing. so the front of the A/C unit inside the camper is the intake. that is the side with the filter. remove the cover and the foam filer and take a look inside. you will see the wiring and if you can see in the attic space (see insulation) than the A/C can pull air from that area. You have to remove the six screws that hold the plastic cover for the unit to get to the back side where the duct work is.
Was your front A/C factory or dealer installed?

Factory installed. The front AC (13 btu) is very loud so while it was at the factory we had them check that. They said the loudness is normal. Apparently it pipes directly down and only blows through the one vent or something like that. The rear AC is 15 btu and ran constantly in the heat but could barely keep things cool. We also had an issue with the top shelf in the pantry getting hot when that slide sits in the sun. This trailer is supposed to have the upgraded insulation. The other thing we questioned was having rust stains on the roof from the a.c. on a brand new trailer. The factory states this is also normal. Wonder if I need to get this all looked at while I'm at the factory rally in August?
__________________
<a href=http://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg target=_blank>http://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg</a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 07:34 AM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Factory installed. The front AC (13 btu) is very loud so while it was at the factory we had them check that. They said the loudness is normal. Apparently it pipes directly down and only blows through the one vent or something like that. The rear AC is 15 btu and ran constantly in the heat but could barely keep things cool. We also had an issue with the top shelf in the pantry getting hot when that slide sits in the sun. This trailer is supposed to have the upgraded insulation. The other thing we questioned was having rust stains on the roof from the a.c. on a brand new trailer. The factory states this is also normal. Wonder if I need to get this all looked at while I'm at the factory rally in August?
Yep
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:21 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Factory installed. The front AC (13 btu) is very loud so while it was at the factory we had them check that. They said the loudness is normal. Apparently it pipes directly down and only blows through the one vent or something like that. The rear AC is 15 btu and ran constantly in the heat but could barely keep things cool. We also had an issue with the top shelf in the pantry getting hot when that slide sits in the sun. This trailer is supposed to have the upgraded insulation. The other thing we questioned was having rust stains on the roof from the a.c. on a brand new trailer. The factory states this is also normal. Wonder if I need to get this all looked at while I'm at the factory rally in August?
Our front A/C can be ducted in with the other. It was a dealer install and a poor one at that. They did not seal off the attic and they did not open the duct work.
I will be fixing this with the main unit issues this weekend.
I would pull the cover off the front and see if you have taped over duct work.
__________________
TheOrrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 12:27 PM   #17
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrrs View Post
I would pull the cover off the front and see if you have taped over duct work.
I think an easy/no work way would be to turn the front A/C fan on and then go feel for air in the bathroom.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 01:23 AM   #18
Site Team
 
asquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 10,373
We're camping this weekend so I will have to get dh to look into this either if he gets bored (yeah right) or after we get back.
__________________

__________________
<a href=http://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg target=_blank>http://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg</a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sabre

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 PM.