Old 03-04-2016, 01:50 PM   #11
You should get at least 30% off MSRP. Ten percent is too low. Also, ask for other items to sweeten the pot. We got a Fantastic Fan, Equalizer WDH, second year warranty, and recliners vs swivel rockers.

Hemisphere and Heritage Glen are sister trailers, coming off the same assembly line. Different stickers get put on it, that is all.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 03:18 PM   #12
Moderators' Assistant
Originally Posted by mike.t View Post
Usually FR RVs that are the same yet a different name. The name will tell you where the RV was made. I think that is correct.
each of the FR "twin" brands are made in their own factory, as far as i know.

for example, Rockwood and Flagstaff are both made in the same factory.

i believe both of the OP's choices are made in the same factory.

Dan-Retired Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
'07 Roo 23SS pushing an '07 Chevy Avalanche
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:58 PM   #13
Do yourselves a HUGE favor. Find and attend an RV Boot Camp!. If you can do so BEFORE you buy, you'll be better able to cut through a dealer's BS. Mistakes made with RVs are often costly and, sometimes dangerous. Escapees RV Club run an excellent RV Boot Camp (usually over a weekend). RV-Dreams runs a seven-day Boot Camp. Other groups run Boot Camps too.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:39 PM   #14
Smile same floor plans from same manufacturers brand names

I just bought a Forrest River and had the same situation. The different manufacturers have the same floor plans but the fitting of the furnishings may be slightly different. If you check what is included you may find that some offer motorized items such as leveling jacks and awning while a different manufacture will have the same floor plan with slightly different hardware and the finishing of the interior may be slightly different. One of the floor plans we bought had nice shelving in the pantry that was adjustable at 1 inch intervals while the model we bought has fixed shelves but had motorized leveling jacks, awning, motorized front jack and a remote that could control all of them plus some of the lighting. It also had a residential refrigerator with a power inverter that was much larger than the 2 way frig and the residential frig usually cool much better if you do not plan on camping where there is no plug in. My advice is the check each model and see which offers the fittings and features you like best.
rshirley10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 05:19 PM   #15
Originally Posted by D. J. Schuler View Post
Since you know what you would like - try to get to the nearest RV Show, find at least 3 dealers with what you like and get their best quote. DON'T let the dealer give ambiguous figures. 1. Get the MSRP, dealer discount should be at least 10%, add extras like slide topper(s), vent covers add those for a sub total. 2. Subtract your deposit, trade in or you can pay to reduce amount financed - subtract from the above. 3. Now add dealer prep (usually a non item), state/county tax, tire deposit, title and dealer documentation fee. Add 2 and 3, that's what you owe. These are hard $, don't let the dealer start talking about financing! You're the one who is in control! I got 3 quotes, there was over $10,000.00 between the high and low on the very same TT.
Also DO NOT OVERLOOK consideration of TOY HAULERS you really cannot beat the entertaining space with a toy box as well as the extra water capacity and the built in ONAN Genset. Solar means we seldom use it but nice that it is always there without effort. Many cold evening and the rare rainy dinner hour have been spent in the old one with our whole group of 6 to 8 huddled inside for the dinner or at least wine and desert. The new Toy Box will have even more seating.

Now the pending DEAL approach.

I looked high and low and MAYBE the MSRP sheets are real or maybe not. After we met the owner and the service department manager we liked them and the owner then SLIPPED us over to a Sales Manager and before we felt slighted turns out the Sales Mgr is a golden guy. The Guy told us base cost for the unit: what he needed to make in gross profit (less he said with a special order because they will not have flooring cost) and added that to his cost then let us go down the option list and supposedly added only HIS cost for each thing we wanted. He also advised us which ones they can add cheaper at the dealer than paying factory price. Negotiated a basic starter equipment package in the price so we can sell our old trailer with that stuff left in it and FINALLY NO PDI Fee then bottom line. Even negotiated that I could buy my pair of Batteries and boxes at COSTCO which is below his cost and they will but those and the TV and Bracket of our Costco choice without charging to install DURING PDI Turns out the bottom line was about 25-30 % less than what other dealers are showing as the MSRP. There you have what so far seems to be a Great FR dealer negotiation. Now waiting for the factory to confirm the Production date which of course is now a week later than their rep first indicated as to when they would be building a run of our chosen unit but hey early April versus Mid April is not so bad for a special order.

There will surely be more posts before delivery and then IF we are still thrilled with the dealer HE WILL GET BIG PLUGS AND MY BIG ENDORSEMENT ON HERE.

I promise to RUN A Daily blow by blow of everything from the PDI to the mods I start making when we get it home.

Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote