Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2009, 03:43 PM   #1

New to this...Love it...

First of all I'd like to thank everyone here. I have spent the last few hours just reading all the different posts and have come away with more info than I thought I needed. I originally posted under "toy hauler / Sierra", then realized that narrowed down the Knowledge pool quite a bit. I just bought a 2001 sierra sport 21, and was looking for an owners manual, (thats how I found you good people). Does anyone know where I can order or download one? Thanks again for all the posts, I can't believe how helpfull you all are to people in need! Wonderfull forum and is on my top favorites now! Todd
Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:48 PM   #2

Welcome to the forum Todd.

The FR owners manual is a waste of a good tree. We have a copy of a 2004 one posted here that will be as good as a new one since it tries to cover everything FR makes. It is VERY generic and hasn't changed much over the years. Your best bet will be to just ask questions here. Also, go to a bookstore (or RV dealer) and buy a general all purpose manual. Most RV systems are the same anyway.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 06:48 PM   #3

Almost all of the many individual systems come with their own manuals when purchased new, and therefore the main manual provided is extremely generic, and you'd be better to just ask your questions on here, there is a vast amount of knowledge out there on this forum. You will be very disappointed in the factory manual! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #4
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
All these RV companies are the same too....TERRIBLE OWNERS MANUALS!
The best source is places like this!
Have questions, just ask or search...

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:26 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum Visit and post often
Old 10-20-2009, 05:59 PM   #6

Thank you...

Makes sense... about the generic part. I was just worried about being out in the desert (where most of my camping is done) and not knowing something like how to switch propane tanks. Guess I'll do some hunting and find model #'s for everything and just keep asking questions. Thanks again.
Todd
Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:47 PM   #7

Todd, what I suggest you do before you head out anywhere is to "camp" at home and learn everything you can about your rig. That way if you have a question, you can post it and chances are it will be answered relatively quickly. You can also try camping really close to home so that if you forgot something, you can either go back to get it, or if it is something you need to buy, hit a local store.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
Todd, what I suggest you do before you head out anywhere is to "camp" at home and learn everything you can about your rig. That way if you have a question, you can post it and chances are it will be answered relatively quickly. You can also try camping really close to home so that if you forgot something, you can either go back to get it, or if it is something you need to buy, hit a local store.
X2
and welcome aboard
camping at home also makes the neighbors crazy with envy
Old 10-20-2009, 09:30 PM   #9

Another trick is to hunt down the manufacture of the component and then see if their website has a manual. I've found 2 or 3 manuals doing that.
TulsaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote