Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2014, 09:19 PM   #1

New to Winterizing

Hi,
This past summer the wife and I moved from a Pop Up camper to a Hybrid Travel Trailer. With the PUP, we never used on-board water and it didn't have a toilet. I read the posts on winterizing and want to make sure I have everything covered, now that Illinois is cold and getting snow.

I installed a bypass valve on the freshwater line so that I could pump the anti-freeze directly. I removed the water filter cartridge and opened up the faucets until anti-freeze was coming out of the faucets. I also opened up the low point drains until anti-freeze came out. I flushed the toilet until anti-freeze came out and left some in the bowl to help with odors. Almost forgot, drained the hot-water heater and flipped the bypass valve. After all of that, I dumped the black and gray water tanks. Have I missed anything or does anyone have any other things I might want to do. Thanks!
Old 11-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #2

Did you also get pink thru the outside shower? Many owners also push in the one way valve in the city connection behind the strainer to be sure that portion of line also has the pink in it. Other than that, sounds like you got it.
Jimandchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 09:27 PM   #3

Yes, forgot to mention that I also ran the outside shower until anti-freeze came out.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:22 PM   #4
PPST OGCDG

If you have a Black Tank Flushing system like the Tornado Permanent Tank Rinser with Remote Connection - See more at: Tornado Permanent Tank Rinser with Remote Connection - Camco 40126 - Sewer Flushing - Camping World
Be sure to blow out the water line or add the pink stuff to this system.

Be sure to drain the Fresh water tank
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 11:06 PM   #5
Maron

Send a message via Yahoo to Maron
And put a gallon of RV antifreeze in your gray tank and black tank.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Maron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterize