Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2018, 08:11 PM   #21

Do the driveway thing but stay out of the house. You will learn fast.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:21 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candebiondo View Post
Still trying to find my way on the website. Where do I find the stickies?
Stickies can be found at the top of the posts in every thread/category. Also check some of the lists in the library ( in green bar at top 1/4 of page.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 09:20 AM   #23

etrailer- suspension, brakes, brake controllers, hitches and related items.
WalMart- Hoses, sewer and water hookup hoses, and assorted other doo dads you may think you need.
Amazon- Electrical adapters, Backup cameras, TPMS systems, USB plugins, and a great place to compare prices for any of the above listed.
PPL, Tweety's, any specific parts for your trailer appliances, and repair parts for your trailer like roof repair etc.
Camping World, the place to go if money is no object, and you love to just be ripped off and pay more. You can beat Camping Worlds prices anywhere if you take the time to compare. Their "Presidents Club" or whatever they call it only brings the prices down to high retail from Rip Off. Use only if it's the only available place and you're desperate.
There are a number of very good parts places online. Forums such as these can also be a great resource if you take the time to use them. You will find that many people have the same issues and can be very helpful in solving your RVing issues.

2016 Boston Whaler Montauk 150
Former Montana owner
Colorado Cruiser, Over the Pass and Down the Hill
Comanchecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:56 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanchecreek View Post
WalMart- Hoses, sewer and water hookup hoses, and assorted other doo dads you may think you need.
Amazon- Electrical adapters, Backup cameras, TPMS systems, USB plugins, and a great place to compare prices for any of the above listed.
PPL, Tweety's, any specific parts for your trailer appliances, and repair parts for your trailer like roof repair etc.
Camping World, the place to go if money is no object, and you love to just be ripped off and pay more. You can beat Camping Worlds prices anywhere if you take the time to compare. Their "Presidents Club" or whatever they call it only brings the prices down to high retail from Rip Off. Use only if it's the only available place and you're desperate.
There are a number of very good parts places online. Forums such as these can also be a great resource if you take the time to use them. You will find that many people have the same issues and can be very helpful in solving your RVing issues.
Excellent info.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:03 PM   #25
Pickin', Campin', Mason

You've received a lot of good advice.

One other thing I'll mention... throughout the years when buying new, several of the better dealers have given us stuff on purchase day and/or offered it at a very reduced rate from their parts store because we purchased from them.

Don't ignore the possibility of getting something from the dealer after giving them wheelbarrow loads of your money!

Not all dealers do this but the better ones have and we've taken full advantage of it.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:29 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanchecreek View Post
X2.... the only exception being.... If you find something in the "junk bins" at CW I assure you it will be a good price(assuming you can use it). I saved 3-4 times as much as I spent in a Little Rock CW. I bought some kind of tire sealer/compressor kit for $7-8(regular $85ish) I have no intention of using sealer on any tire I have, but it's a nice 12V air compressor.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 06:08 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
You've received a lot of good advice.

One other thing I'll mention... throughout the years when buying new, several of the better dealers have given us stuff on purchase day and/or offered it at a very reduced rate from their parts store because we purchased from them.

Don't ignore the possibility of getting something from the dealer after giving them wheelbarrow loads of your money!

Not all dealers do this but the better ones have and we've taken full advantage of it.
Good suggestion. I got the dealer to install a Fantastic Fan with remote and installation included when I bought my Crusader. $350 at least for the fan and who knows what the installation would have cost.
Guess I've never seen the bargain bins you refer to IWANNACAMP. Good suggestion if they exist at all stores.

2016 Boston Whaler Montauk 150
Former Montana owner
Colorado Cruiser, Over the Pass and Down the Hill
Comanchecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:40 PM   #28

The DW put a spiral notebook with a pen attached in our TT and it stays there to collect the "uh oh, we need" items as well as things that inevitably need fixed after a while. The book fills up quickly!

Enjoy the camping life!
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:27 PM   #29

I have a list I started for first time RVers. Not everything is needed but it gives food for thought. I found best prices between Amazon Wal-Mart and CW from time to time. Harbor freight is also good.

I suggest the driveway thing as well to figure out your need. A few things you really should get IMOP for your shakedown:

EMS from progressive industries.
Some good rubber wheel chocks.
Quality power cords or adapters.

The newer PI EMS can handle water at more than vertical. It will save you from bad plugins and replacing multiple things if you get the wrong outlet.
http://a.co/2bgZkEm

Remember don't buy it because I said but because you actually need and will use it. This is simply an idea list I compiled based on my TT experience. A 5er or MH will have a slightly different list so to each his own.

Happy camping!
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 09:54 PM   #30

Bring an extra key and fob for your TV when you leave the house. If you lose the only one you have, you'll be in a world of hurt.
Nights Camped 2017 [63]
Nights Camped 2018 [27]
Nurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 01:40 AM   #31
Novice Travel Trailer Guy

Just buy it.

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS Travel Trailer
2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 LTZ
benchmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 02:18 PM   #32

I would recommend a dyson V6 vacuum. Our first year we beach hopped. It is so handy for the trailer and truck. Wouldn’t want to be without it.
okie dokie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer, travel, travel trailer