Old 09-29-2015, 08:48 AM   #31

White is Right, but American buy form over function.

I live in the southwest and the swirls on my '09 Roo are already peeling. I wouldn't buy anything but white. But the dark colors look so Cool! We camped at White Sands this summer and it was 97 inside when we set up. It cooled down within a few minutes and was much cooler inside than out.

The problem is that people that don't know any better love the looks of the dark campers. If I lived in Canada, and never went south, I might even buy one.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:15 AM   #32

I like the newer tan colored fiberglass. A nice compromise of still being light but not stark white. Our 97 Viking pup was white with teal and rust graphics....nice at the time but definately dated. All the external hardware eventually began to show age by yellowing, water/electric etc covers. I'm sure that the black covers on the new ones will began to turn gray or some other color as well. More reason to keep them waxed and 303'd!

Old 09-29-2015, 09:25 AM   #33
Site Team

Having the tan colored rockwood, and living in Louisiana, I can tell you it does et hotter. I would not be able to cool it in 100 days without 2 a/cs. You can feel the heat radiating from it as you walk by the sunny side.
Lincoln used to make a 2 tone paint job, silver and white, called the "Cartier" edition. I always thought that'd make a great looking rv.
Air Lift 5000 w/Wireless Air

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:55 AM   #34

My rig is white with swirl decals over with dark metallic brown basement doors. Works good for me. When DW and I bought it used one year old everything we were looking at had full body paint. The salesman said the paint added $10K to the price of a comparable rig. I told him the full paint didn't make my hotdogs with a cold beer taste any better at the campgrounds vs. the standard white with accent like the rig we got.
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:31 AM   #35

My rig is black, we peeled all of the stickers / graphics off of it. You can feel the heat on the sun side wall, when inside.

Just added a second A/C unit.

I like all black and it matches the truck, but keeping it cool could be an issue.

The flip side is, we are rarely in it, during the day. And once the sun goes down, color doesn't really matter.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:44 AM   #36
Georgia Frog Rally 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dixon View Post
How do you like this? It is a rough design for how I am thinking about painting mine rather than all white.
That's a bit much. Might add some white strips and stars
. Later RJD
2015 Chevy 2500 6.0 4:10 gearing.
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped so far 2017 62
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:54 AM   #37

Not having decals on our 30DS is growing on us. Nice to know we won't have any decals peeling or fading into the side of the gelcoat.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:57 PM   #38
RV Vagabond Jerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasFR3 View Post
Not having decals on our 30DS is growing on us. Nice to know we won't have any decals peeling or fading into the side of the gelcoat.
Thanks for the photo - that is exactly what I had in mind. Did FR paint it at the factory like that? Was it a special order?
Old 09-29-2015, 09:01 PM   #39

We're the second owners, but based on this invoice, I believe they ordered it that way through the dealer. I was told it was to have a wrap on it for some business advertising, but it never happened. It came with no graphics and blacked out wheel simulators. Which everyone at CGs that I run into thinks I'm part of MIB IV casting...:-)