Old 01-03-2019, 12:16 PM   #71
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
And if it has a 15amp plug at all! Twice now, recently, I've been at places that don't have them.
Yup!

In my six months of full-time travel around several western states* I ran across a lot of RV parks that didn't have the extra 15-amp plugs.

And a lot of them that only had a 30-amp or 50-amp plug...not both.

My 5'ver is 30-amp, so I definately have a 50-30-amp dogbone...

* South Dakota, Wyoming, Nebraska, Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:57 PM   #72

A little more help

You have received a lot of good advise so far from forum members. As I read through the thread, I kept thinking how great it would be if you knew someone who is well versed on all things RV. Maybe they could spend a part of a day with you going over all of the things mentioned (and other items as well). A picture is worth a thousand words, video is even better, and hands on is best. So much of what has been said would be clear in short order if someone could walk you through it. If you're near North Central Ohio, I would be happy to do this. Maybe someone close to you would offer. If not, it seems to me it would be worth a few dollars to have a mobile RV technician walk you through all of your vehicle systems.

2011 Rockwood 2604
K_and_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:58 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
You wouldn't need to chock a Sunseeker on level ground, would you?

What is this level ground you speak of? LOL

In many cases you will need leveling blocks to get level front to back or side to side or both. You should have chocks for any unlevel situation, or if you have to park on even a small hill while shopping or dining, or in an emergency stop situation, or just get in the habit of using them at every campsite.

If you message me (on this site) your email address, I will send you our list, which we had to make complete for a theft loss when all the compartments got cleaned out. I can mark up essential vs “nice to have.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:42 AM   #74

We got our TT last spring. Two things I can say for sure is 1) this forum can save ALOT of headaches, 2) take several long weekends at relatively local campgrounds to figure what you personally need. You will find there are the “sky is falling everything to the extreme” posters on one end and the “meh” posters on the other. Read all the posts and figure what makes sense for you, but always ask questions. We have a Vibe 288RLS (30a) and use two heaters in colder weather, we can run one but not both. On this one I did do the more is better and put in a second 15a service specifically for the second heater, and installed my own 15a breaker, for a few hours work and a few dollars it was worth the peace of mind. Bought an entrance receptacle on Amazon and added a residential breaker inside. Did it all under $100
sunnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:44 AM   #75

I asked about the “second electricity entrance” and got good input, check the thread on here and I posted pics of my finished work. Good luck and happy camping.

sunnman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags