Old 06-15-2016, 06:41 AM   #21
I leave both valves closed while hooked up at a site. when either tank gets to 1/2 to 3/4 full, I dump both. (Its almost always the gray tank that fills first)

I always dump the black first, then walk the drain hose to make sure it empty. Walking the hose - I start at the MH and simply lift the hose 6-8 inches to create a hump to drain the hose, I then lift the hose a little all the way to the sewer to make sure the hose is empty.

I dump the gray the same way, and again walk the hose to make sure the hose is empty. Dumping the gray tank last flushes out the hose..

If you leave the hose connected to the sewer, many sites require that you use those bridge things to elevate and tilt the hose. These are nice as they don't allow to much water to get trapped in the hose.
Attached Images

2001 Coachmen Mirada (Ford F53 6.8L V10) - Toad 2001 Civic
It won't do MACH 2, but I can get a sandwich and take a pee.
waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:13 AM   #22
We have three tanks, black, grey and galley (kitchen).
we also use rhino-hose for hooking up. I leave the galley tank valve open because it is under the slide and run a line to a wye fitting at the dump end This makes it easy to dump all three at once.

rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:34 AM   #23
Originally Posted by kthoms View Post
Hi there,

First time going a full hookup and I'm not sure about one thing and getting conflicting info out in the Google world.

When I hook up to the sewer do I wait for my tanks to be almost full before opening the valves or do I just leave them open all the time as soon as I get there?

First thing is mix up some "Geo" and 5+ Gal of Water and pour in Black Tank! Now it is Ready to use! We leave our Valves CLOSED until they are either Full or we are ready to Leave the C/G! After a few times YOU will know how long you can go Before Dumping! and Youroo!!

youroo is offline   Reply With Quote