Old 06-09-2016, 09:15 AM   #1

newbie to RV living

Hi all,
I am in the process of researching travel trailers. I have narrowed it down to Forest River. I would love some insight on the models. I'm looking at something durable and comfy as i will be living in it full time. A bunkhouse and outside kitchen is a must. I've researched the Salem Hemisphere and the Vibe so far. Is the Hemisphere a grade up from the Vibe? Also if anyone can tell me if Forest River offers any other bunkhouse models with outside kitchen. I would like 36' and above. I live in Florida, not really sure if thst makes a difference. Just signed up on the site last night. Thinking this will be the best place to find my answers.
Thanks to everyone that takes the time to help me out!! 😀

Old 06-09-2016, 12:57 PM   #2

I had a 2015 Vibe 308bhs, but now have a 2016 Rockwood 2905ws. The Rockwood is much better trailer in my opinion. Research Rockwoods... Hard to find someone that's not happy with theirs. Look on YouTube for reviews.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Old 06-09-2016, 01:17 PM   #3

Coachmen is now part of Forest River and they have two Chaparrals you might look at (3 bedrooms 1.5 bathrooms) and (2 bedrooms 1 bath)

We have the 360IBL which has a small mid bunkroom (we took the bunks out and made it my craft room) but no outdoor kitchen. We've had to make a few repairs, nothing really major, and really do like it. I got my small area for crafting without taking away major living/kitchen area space. All of these Coachmen models look great...we were considering the 390 when we got ours but ended up going with the 360 because it cost a little less and because it was about 2 feet shorter. And I must say we both really like the walk around island in the kitchen.
Old 06-09-2016, 01:36 PM   #4
Prime Member

I've got a 310BHDS. It has the bunkhouse, camp kitchen, measures over 35' long plus loads of other features.

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:40 PM   #5
I go RV'ing not Camping

Every single one of the Forest River lines has a bunkhouse trailer with outside kitchen that fits your requirements.

I have a Heritage Glen 312qbud sister version of a Salem Hemisphere. I have heard good things about Rockwood's.

I also liked the Prime Trime Lacrosse

These are the model numbers of Forest River Products that have the same layout as my 312qbud bunkhouse with outside kitchen. I didn't keep track of which brand, but a simple google search will help with that.

32BHDS
T3250
318BHS
305AIR
3150BHD
32BBS
32BIT
310BHS
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 02:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahmah55 View Post
Hi all,
I am in the process of researching travel trailers. I have narrowed it down to Forest River. I would love some insight on the models. I'm looking at something durable and comfy as i will be living in it full time. A bunkhouse and outside kitchen is a must. I've researched the Salem Hemisphere and the Vibe so far. Is the Hemisphere a grade up from the Vibe? Also if anyone can tell me if Forest River offers any other bunkhouse models with outside kitchen. I would like 36' and above. I live in Florida, not really sure if thst makes a difference. Just signed up on the site last night. Thinking this will be the best place to find my answers.
Thanks to everyone that takes the time to help me out!! ��
The OP has said 2 key things here: Comfy and they are going Fulltime.

You did not say what your price point was, but I will say this: you may want to strongly consider getting a 5th wheel. Especially since you are new to this. A 5th wheel is easier to pull, park, and foot-for-foot in length has more storage capacity.

Once we get an idea of your price point we can further refine (and BTW no one EVER pays MSRP).
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 05:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
The OP has said 2 key things here: Comfy and they are going Fulltime.

You did not say what your price point was, but I will say this: you may want to strongly consider getting a 5th wheel. Especially since you are new to this. A 5th wheel is easier to pull, park, and foot-for-foot in length has more storage capacity.

Once we get an idea of your price point we can further refine (and BTW no one EVER pays MSRP).
Agree 100%. Nothing like a 5er for long term or full time. Easier to hitch/unhitch, tow is so much nicer. We like the 5er better than the class A we had. Doubtful I'd go back to a class A and would never go back to a TT and I'll never have another gasser truck.
CaptnJohn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:11 PM   #8

Price point is a big consideration, most if not all Rv's under $50,000 are NOT warranted for full time.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:24 AM   #9

I don't know about the other models but we got our Hemisphere 302FK last summer and love it, not a bunkhouse but in general the model is a good one. If we could have afforded it the Hemisphere 368RLBH fiver would have been our choice.
Old 06-11-2016, 11:48 AM   #10

Make sure you get 2 air condition

Tags