Old 09-12-2016, 06:27 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
What special warranty did you get for using N2?

What you expect a national RV chain store to actually know something about their product? Whoever refused to inflate your tires should be reported to both local and corporate management.

no special warranty, I was just being sarcastic because it seems like anytime you do anything to your rig someone will pipe up and tell you that you are going to void your warranty. what I would expect from ANY RV dealer is a little help while on the road, but that's just another reason I don't like general rv.

craig

Old 09-12-2016, 08:30 AM   #42

Related to the dealer saying they would not inflate the tire, sometimes I think the dealer just does not want to spend the time doing something or they just don't want to say the truth. I asked my dealer about an extra key and was told by the dealer they are not allowed to have blanks for the "dead bolt", (the implication was they could have blanks for the cargo doors, but not the entry doors). Of course the dealer did not have a key making machine, and I felt they should have just said, "We do not make keys, so you need to go to a locksmith".

So in this case, the dealer should have said, "We do not take the time to air up tires you need to take your rig else where". Of course, that would be too direct I guess.

Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:40 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
Besides all this...if the dealer says they are nitrogen filled...how would one ever know that's true?

Kinda like the " lifetime guarantee " on the burial vault at the funeral directors. You pay extra..... But never know
Old 09-12-2016, 09:13 AM   #44
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigster_mi View Post
no special warranty, I was just being sarcastic because it seems like anytime you do anything to your rig someone will pipe up and tell you that you are going to void your warranty. what I would expect from ANY RV dealer is a little help while on the road, but that's just another reason I don't like general rv.

craig

Sorry... Missed the sarcasm. I share your low opinion of a couple of large RV dealer groups.
I write a blog on RV tire application and safety and give seminars on tires at RV events across the US. 40 years experience as tire design & quality engineer for major tire mfg. Freelander 23QB on Chevy chassis is my RV
RV Tire Safety Blog
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:52 AM   #45

We got a road hazard warranty extra by buying Nitrogen filled tires on a car once. When we had a flat obvious road hazard (large hole in the tire that was not repairable) but took six months of fighting to get them to honor their warranty. All because we did not have the object that penetrated the tire.

Never again !!!!!!

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2013 Puma Unleashed 356 QLB
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, tire, tires