Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #1

No response from RV Wholesaler's Warranty Dept. Normal?

I bought a 2013 trailer from RV Wholesalers. The transaction went fine. They brag and brag about how you will not have and issue if you need service or warranty work. I had a minor issue so I submitted a "ticket" on their website. It has been over 2 weeks and the ticket still shows UNREAD. After a week I did the instant chat....and had to leave a message. No response. A few days ago I called and asked for the warranty department. I got transfered to someone's voicemail.......no response.

Is this normal for them? How can someone not read a warranty ticket or call someone back.

Anyone else have this issue with them?
jlwardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
Site Team

Send David Durnell a message from here. His member name is ddurnell. From what I have read, he is responsive to his customers.

Dave is the top of the ladder at RV Wholesalers.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ell-11176.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #3

Just can confirm that Dave will go beyond expectations to solve issues his customers report to him.
Flying dutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwardn View Post
I bought a 2013 trailer from RV Wholesalers. The transaction went fine. They brag and brag about how you will not have and issue if you need service or warranty work. I had a minor issue so I submitted a "ticket" on their website. It has been over 2 weeks and the ticket still shows UNREAD. After a week I did the instant chat....and had to leave a message. No response. A few days ago I called and asked for the warranty department. I got transfered to someone's voicemail.......no response.

Is this normal for them? How can someone not read a warranty ticket or call someone back.

Anyone else have this issue with them?
I'm sure Dave can get it done, but it shouldn't take him to do it. I'm in the same boat. When I submitted an online ticket, I received an email from a Mr Jackson, who is head of the warranty dept. He stated the on line ticket system isn't used anymore by to email warranty@rvwholesalers.com with the information. I did that, but no response. Called twice, leaving vm's both time, with no reply from them. Also Emailed three Mr Jackson directly with no response either. I'm sure a pm to Dave Durnell will get results, but it shouldn't be this difficult. I've been a big supporter of them, but starting to wonder.
Joel
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
I'm sure Dave can get it done, but it shouldn't take him to do it.... it shouldn't be this difficult.
I agree 100% in concept but not in practicality. Businesses are made up of people and some of them are really good, some not and some have potential to be really good.

At the least, promoting your complaint to one of the owners of any company is a tried-and-true strategy and generally gets results.

Plus - as a business owner, I can tell you that I want to hear. This is first to help the client and second to help the employee get better (or help them self-select themselves out of the company ).

Just my two-cents and I hope that you and the OP get your issues resolved.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post

I agree 100% in concept but not in practicality. Businesses are made up of people and some of them are really good, some not and some have potential to be really good.

At the least, promoting your complaint to one of the owners of any company is a tried-and-true strategy and generally gets results.

Plus - as a business owner, I can tell you that I want to hear. This is first to help the client and second to help the employee get better (or help them self-select themselves out of the company ).

Just my two-cents and I hope that you and the OP get your issues resolved.
Yup. I pm'd and emailed Dave just now, including a link to this thread. Hopefully, they can continue to get better by learning from things like this.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:04 AM   #7

Wow. Took Dave about two minutes to reply to my email. He apologized and gave me (877) 877-4494 to call. He says ask for David Myers.
I think he meant fit this info to be passed onto others needing warranty support.
Joel
Old 07-31-2013, 11:04 AM   #8
RVWholesalers Representative

Gentlemen, please accept my apologies for your lack of service and especially lack of communication. Please know that I am embarrassed by this and it will not be tolerated! I will ensure both of you are taken care of and since I am absent from the office have asked David Meyers to take care of you in my place. I have of coursed discussed it with him and will stay on top of it with him during my absence. Also, if you feel you are not being helped simply call me on my cell, David has that number and will gladly give it to you. Joel, we have your information and will contact you immediately. jlwardn I do not have your real name, so I have sent you a private message asking you to contact David. I apologize for that, but do not have your identity.
Again, I am so sorry and embarrassed at your lack of service but I promise you both it WILL be handled. Please contact me personally in the future at work by phone, or by email at ddurnell@rvwholesalers.com I would personally handle this but again I am not in the office at this time, but rest assured I will stay on top of both your situations. Thank you for your patience, business and for giving us another chance to give you the service you should have already experienced at RVWholesalers. David Durnell
Old 07-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurnell View Post
Gentlemen, please accept my apologies for your lack of service and especially lack of communication. Please know that I am embarrassed by this and it will not be tolerated! I will ensure both of you are taken care of and since I am absent from the office have asked David Meyers to take care of you in my place. I have of coursed discussed it with him and will stay on top of it with him during my absence. Also, if you feel you are not being helped simply call me on my cell, David has that number and will gladly give it to you. Joel, we have your information and will contact you immediately. jlwardn I do not have your real name, so I have sent you a private message asking you to contact David. I apologize for that, but do not have your identity.
Again, I am so sorry and embarrassed at your lack of service but I promise you both it WILL be handled. Please contact me personally in the future at work by phone, or by email at ddurnell@rvwholesalers.com I would personally handle this but again I am not in the office at this time, but rest assured I will stay on top of both your situations. Thank you for your patience, business and for giving us another chance to give you the service you should have already experienced at RVWholesalers. David Durnell
I'm impressed David! Watching to see how OP and others get their problems resolved.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:33 AM   #10

I'll be sure and report back
Old 07-31-2013, 01:36 PM   #11

Short update. Got a call from their warranty guy, discussed my issues, talked about area service centers and he's checking into which ones can service me thru their warranty. Most of my issues can be resolved by sending me parts, which they are glad to do. I think my main slide needs adjusting, so that's why they are looking at a service center. I did offer to attempt that adjustment myself as well, but noted I would like their service guy on the horn while doing it. We'll see how this plays out.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #12

Update. Their warranty guy has called me about 10 times since this thread started. They (Sabre) are sending me several parts that I want to repair myself, and have a local shop awaiting my call to set up a time to adjust the main slide. I hope others get the same treatment, whether they get in touch with Dave our just call/email for warranty work.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
Update. Their warranty guy has called me about 10 times since this thread started. They (Sabre) are sending me several parts that I want to repair myself, and have a local shop awaiting my call to set up a time to adjust the main slide. I hope others get the same treatment, whether they get in touch with Dave our just call/email for warranty work.
Good to hear about RV Wholesalers and Forest River taking care you. Like I said previously, from everything I have read, Mr. Durnell is very responsive to his customers.

It's not rocket science to know that the best (and cheapest) advertising for a business is a satisfied customer.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #14
Always Learning

I can definitely say- RVW will be in the top running for my business when it's finally time for my next camper (I sure hope that's not for a LONG time!).
Old 08-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #15

Once this thread got some traction.......all went as it as it should.
Thank you to all that helped get this to the right people.
I had a very minor issue but getting no response for almost 3 weeks was killing me....I just had to ask the forum for advice.

Thanks again
jlwardn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
I'm impressed David! Watching to see how OP and others get their problems resolved.
X2, Nice to see!
crunchman
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:16 AM   #17

Mr. Durnell,

I must admit I am impressed by your response, and wish there were more folks like yourself out there for us R.V. buyers.
P.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #18
RVWholesalers Representative

Glad everyone has been taken care of, sorry you had to contact me for it to happen. RVW has a wonderful staff of caring people, but a few of them need reminders once in a while that the customer is the boss and deserves to be taken care of immediately! If anyone else needs anything please don't hesitate to private message me right away. Thank you also for your kind words and support! P.A., thank you-
Old 08-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #19
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Well done. When ready for next RV, I'll look to RVW. The power of this forum in keeping everyone honest (on both sides) and in touch when normal channels fail, is amazing.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #20

I bought a 2012 Mini-Lite 2306 from RVW last year and had a couple minor issues (carbon monoxide detector and exterior light on the front not working). I went through the ticket process as well and had the carbon monoxide detector replaced right away but there were delays in addressing the light issue (both RVW and I contributed to that). I experienced the delayed response too and after reading some posts on here I messaged Mr Durnell and he promptly responded. Although out of warranty at this point, I received a new replacement light yesterday from RVW. So my point is be patient, if Mr Durnell is aware it will be dealt with in time. They often have to deal with the manufacturer and that can take time. Overall, I am extremely happy with my TT and the follow up warranty/service provided by RVW.
CanadianCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty