Old 07-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #1

No response from RV Wholesaler's Warranty Dept. Normal?

I bought a 2013 trailer from RV Wholesalers. The transaction went fine. They brag and brag about how you will not have and issue if you need service or warranty work. I had a minor issue so I submitted a "ticket" on their website. It has been over 2 weeks and the ticket still shows UNREAD. After a week I did the instant chat....and had to leave a message. No response. A few days ago I called and asked for the warranty department. I got transfered to someone's voicemail.......no response.

Is this normal for them? How can someone not read a warranty ticket or call someone back.

Anyone else have this issue with them?

Old 07-30-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
Site Team

Send David Durnell a message from here. His member name is ddurnell. From what I have read, he is responsive to his customers.

Dave is the top of the ladder at RV Wholesalers.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ell-11176.html

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:18 AM   #3

Just can confirm that Dave will go beyond expectations to solve issues his customers report to him.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:37 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwardn View Post
I bought a 2013 trailer from RV Wholesalers. The transaction went fine. They brag and brag about how you will not have and issue if you need service or warranty work. I had a minor issue so I submitted a "ticket" on their website. It has been over 2 weeks and the ticket still shows UNREAD. After a week I did the instant chat....and had to leave a message. No response. A few days ago I called and asked for the warranty department. I got transfered to someone's voicemail.......no response.

Is this normal for them? How can someone not read a warranty ticket or call someone back.

Anyone else have this issue with them?
I'm sure Dave can get it done, but it shouldn't take him to do it. I'm in the same boat. When I submitted an online ticket, I received an email from a Mr Jackson, who is head of the warranty dept. He stated the on line ticket system isn't used anymore by to email warranty@rvwholesalers.com with the information. I did that, but no response. Called twice, leaving vm's both time, with no reply from them. Also Emailed three Mr Jackson directly with no response either. I'm sure a pm to Dave Durnell will get results, but it shouldn't be this difficult. I've been a big supporter of them, but starting to wonder.
Joel
jtstromsburg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:45 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
I'm sure Dave can get it done, but it shouldn't take him to do it.... it shouldn't be this difficult.
I agree 100% in concept but not in practicality. Businesses are made up of people and some of them are really good, some not and some have potential to be really good.

At the least, promoting your complaint to one of the owners of any company is a tried-and-true strategy and generally gets results.

Plus - as a business owner, I can tell you that I want to hear. This is first to help the client and second to help the employee get better (or help them self-select themselves out of the company ).

Just my two-cents and I hope that you and the OP get your issues resolved.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post

I agree 100% in concept but not in practicality. Businesses are made up of people and some of them are really good, some not and some have potential to be really good.

At the least, promoting your complaint to one of the owners of any company is a tried-and-true strategy and generally gets results.

Plus - as a business owner, I can tell you that I want to hear. This is first to help the client and second to help the employee get better (or help them self-select themselves out of the company ).

Just my two-cents and I hope that you and the OP get your issues resolved.
Yup. I pm'd and emailed Dave just now, including a link to this thread. Hopefully, they can continue to get better by learning from things like this.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:04 PM   #7

Wow. Took Dave about two minutes to reply to my email. He apologized and gave me (877) 877-4494 to call. He says ask for David Myers.
I think he meant fit this info to be passed onto others needing warranty support.
Joel
Old 07-31-2013, 12:04 PM   #8
RVWholesalers Representative

Gentlemen, please accept my apologies for your lack of service and especially lack of communication. Please know that I am embarrassed by this and it will not be tolerated! I will ensure both of you are taken care of and since I am absent from the office have asked David Meyers to take care of you in my place. I have of coursed discussed it with him and will stay on top of it with him during my absence. Also, if you feel you are not being helped simply call me on my cell, David has that number and will gladly give it to you. Joel, we have your information and will contact you immediately. jlwardn I do not have your real name, so I have sent you a private message asking you to contact David. I apologize for that, but do not have your identity.
Again, I am so sorry and embarrassed at your lack of service but I promise you both it WILL be handled. Please contact me personally in the future at work by phone, or by email at ddurnell@rvwholesalers.com I would personally handle this but again I am not in the office at this time, but rest assured I will stay on top of both your situations. Thank you for your patience, business and for giving us another chance to give you the service you should have already experienced at RVWholesalers. David Durnell
Old 07-31-2013, 12:29 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddurnell View Post
Gentlemen, please accept my apologies for your lack of service and especially lack of communication. Please know that I am embarrassed by this and it will not be tolerated! I will ensure both of you are taken care of and since I am absent from the office have asked David Meyers to take care of you in my place. I have of coursed discussed it with him and will stay on top of it with him during my absence. Also, if you feel you are not being helped simply call me on my cell, David has that number and will gladly give it to you. Joel, we have your information and will contact you immediately. jlwardn I do not have your real name, so I have sent you a private message asking you to contact David. I apologize for that, but do not have your identity.
Again, I am so sorry and embarrassed at your lack of service but I promise you both it WILL be handled. Please contact me personally in the future at work by phone, or by email at ddurnell@rvwholesalers.com I would personally handle this but again I am not in the office at this time, but rest assured I will stay on top of both your situations. Thank you for your patience, business and for giving us another chance to give you the service you should have already experienced at RVWholesalers. David Durnell
I'm impressed David! Watching to see how OP and others get their problems resolved.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:33 PM   #10

I'll be sure and report back

Tags
warranty