Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #1

No Room At The Inn..

Okay..
So the camper gets delivered this Thursday...thats a little over 36 hours from now (but who's counting). However, I kinda feel like Charlie Brown who said he wasnt really excited for Christmas. I'm just not feeling it for the camper. Well..I am..but I'm not. The picture posted is what it looks like outside right now today. Thats where I was going to put the new camper. Under normal weather conditions I was thinking I might have the popup sold off already. So until the snow melts I need to store it on the driveway. Problem is there is three feet of ice on both sides of the driveway and the driveway isnt wide enough to hold the camper and my other vehicles. With temperatures 25 degrees below normal it's not going to be any better by Thursday afternoon. I've been out there chopping ice..literally. Fighting for every inch I can get. Bleh. Talk about crazy. So...I'm happy to get the camper (been waiting since the end of December) but I'm still in disbelief that it's arriving to a messy messy situation. My consolation is that three months from now this will be a distant memory!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	25960  

https://instagram.com/pineforestcamper#
----------------------------------------
PineForestCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:52 AM   #2
MI Camperz

Let the dealer store it until snow melts more. You're too busy, got the flu, hurts your back.....you really appreciate their patience.
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:03 AM   #3
Ham Radio since 1970

I agree. Have your dealer store it. I know our dealer has been very accommodating about keeping the RV a few days longer than planned because of things going on at our house, like having to get equipment into the back yard to replace the septic system. Ask! All he can say is no.

Mike
Nights camped '14: 51 '15: 134 '16: 149 '17: 171

N9ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:11 AM   #4

What a mess!

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:24 AM   #5

I have my camper in for service, got a call yesterday that it was ready for pick up. Problem is that the day before we got 4" of snow, which is in mid-melt now. Everything is a mess. To park the camper (in the yard next to garage) I have to back it up a slight hill. In the mud? Going to be a disaster. So I asked the dealer if I could leave it there a few days until the ground is dry or frozen (this crazy winter who knows which)
The answer was yes.
Ask. They might say yes.
House97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #6

Congratulations on the new trailer ! Is it being delivered from a distant whole sale kind of place ? If not then talking to your dealer is the best thing to do.

I hope it works out somehow ...
Old 03-20-2013, 08:31 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by N9ID View Post
I agree. Have your dealer store it. I know our dealer has been very accommodating about keeping the RV a few days longer than planned because of things going on at our house, like having to get equipment into the back yard to replace the septic system. Ask! All he can say is no.
Mike
X2. Most dealers can be very understanding about unusual weather conditions. Unless they have alot of campers coming and need the space I think they'd accomodate your request for a later delivery. If they're a local dealer once the snow melts and your camper is delivered maybe stop by with a dozen donuts, bagels, or something to show your appreciation.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #8

Any normal dealer should appreciate your situation. Not a big deal for them to keep the unit till things improve. After all, they have your business.
Doering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:06 PM   #9

Okay…

My co-pilot is not happy with the state of affairs at the Inn either. Looking like an ice cold delivery (high temp of 15), a tight squeeze on the driveway as well as having to take time off of work, which she has very little of. She requested I make a call today. Yes, the trailer is coming from Ohio and RV Wholesalers is my dealer. So I gave a call right away this morning and had no luck getting thru. Left a message. Busy busy busy. Well about an hour ago I finally I got thru and I explained my predicament. I was immediately asked if I wanted to change my delivery date. I’m thinking for sure that the trailer had left Ohio. Nope. Still there. I accepted a new delivery date of next Saturday. If I don’t take it next weekend I will have to wait another month beyond that. I called and informed the co-pilot and she was very happy. RVW called back and let me know of a slight adjustment due to misjudging drive times from the previous delivery in Connecticut. They want me to change from Saturday to Sunday and asked if that’s okay. I reminded them that its Easter Sunday and asked them if that’s okay with him. He yelled to the driver and he said fine. I told them that it’s a go then for next Sunday but we might have to invite our driver to have Easter dinner with us. All in all a very good deal. Everyone is happy. It looks like temps should be over 40 for the walk thru and I’ve got 11 more days to clear some snow out! Yee haw!

Old 03-20-2013, 04:13 PM   #10

I am glad it worked out !!!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #11

I too am glad it worked out for you. Now with the Sunday delivery instead of Saturday that's one more day for snow to melt.
Wiscampsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #12

The new delivery date will work much better for a few reasons. Looks like a high temp of about 40 compared to 18. Next week will be high 30's and allow me to chip away the sides of the driveway so I can at least get it temporarily parked. I never included a picture of my driveway. I feel kinda stupid...but then...I really thought that the weather was going to have an abrupt change for the warmer. It had to. Usually does and especially by this time in March. Nope didnt happen. I was wrong. We still could get some good snows ahead too but this cold has been a real different one for sure. So glad I have a wonderful dealer who is willing to be so adaptable to make things work better for me.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #13

After we purchased our Georgetown I realized that we had not spent all the money necessary to keep it. The first thing was putting in a 14' gate on the road after I almost got stuck backing through the 12' gate while being "directed " by my son-in-law. He discovered his father-in-law knew a few bad words! Next it was reconfiguring the driveway so I could turn the beast around without knocking the porch off or bashing the side of the house. Then we needed a 50 amp pedestal (I hand dug the ditch to save money). Then I tore down 1/2 of my 20X40 pole barn to make it wider and higher on one side. Then the next year I extended the barn an extra 8' to better cover the motorhome in storage. Then I bought an air compressor and a.......well you get the idea. Looks like you might begin your wallet desicating purchases with a tractor?
RANGERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGERBOB View Post
After we purchased our Georgetown I realized that we had not spent all the money necessary to keep it. The first thing was putting in a 14' gate on the road after I almost got stuck backing through the 12' gate while being "directed " by my son-in-law. He discovered his father-in-law knew a few bad words! Next it was reconfiguring the driveway so I could turn the beast around without knocking the porch off or bashing the side of the house. Then we needed a 50 amp pedestal (I hand dug the ditch to save money). Then I tore down 1/2 of my 20X40 pole barn to make it wider and higher on one side. Then the next year I extended the barn an extra 8' to better cover the motorhome in storage. Then I bought an air compressor and a.......well you get the idea. Looks like you might begin your wallet desicating purchases with a tractor?

Hmmmm that's usually my excuse to get more toys bidder truck, tractor, buildings........ I need to do someting for my gate too make it wider its real tight & close with a 4dr long bed duelly & a 36.6 long trailer 10' off the road. If it were a straight shot would be no problem.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #15
MI Camperz

Easter Goodies

Boy oh boy! You are getting the best Easter Basket yet. You must have been very good this year!
bodzcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodzcampers View Post
Boy oh boy! You are getting the best Easter Basket yet. You must have been very good this year!
Ohhh I definitely don't deserve all of this! Wait a sec...I thought the good behavior gifts came from the guy in the red suit?!

The gifts/packages have been coming quite regularly so far this year..
Popup Gizmos, Rhino Flex Sewer Hose, RV Awning Tie Downs, RV Screen Door Cross Bar, B-D RV Battery Locks, Bal X-Chocks, Mattress Toppers, LED Awning Lights....

The big one to come is clearing, levelling and building a pad to park the new trailer next to the house. How did I ever come to believe that I was ready to camp and wouldn't need anything for the new camper...after all I did lots of camping last year in the popup and didnt need to buy anything!

Old 03-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #17

I feel your pain we up here in nw minn have been dumped on the last month probly wont be any camping till memoreal weekend
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #18

Whoah whoah whoah there big fella! Memorial Weekend?? Are you crazy! I can't even call that an optimistic prediction. Rather..the way the weather is looking...its pure fantasy!

So good to know that another of my fellow Minnesotans is struggling thru this winter with me. Soooo good to know I am not alone!