Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,031
No Shop Class Needed!

My 2nd grade neighbor boy called and came over to my woodshop and ask if he could have different color (type) wood for a school project. He stated that the Teacher? wanted them to cut out cardboard Scarecrow puzzeles and paint the different pieces. He,(the 2nd grader) said he wanted to use wood. This is the same kid who said he was going to Win the (Tadpole Rally Fishing Contest-And He did!) This is the Scarecrow (He) made out of (2 diff.Walnut,Cherry,Curly Maple,and Tulip Poplar! He even left the Cherry rough to give the effect of Suede! I am proud of this kid! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1112131705[1].jpg
Views:	163
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	42875  
__________________

__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #2
Site Team
 
wmtire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northeast Louisiana
Posts: 15,047
I like it! Great to see kids doing something that doesn't involve a video game.
__________________

__________________
2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I like it! Great to see kids doing something that doesn't involve a video game.
+1

Very "Rustic"

__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #4
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
My 2nd grade neighbor boy called and came over to my woodshop and ask if he could have different color (type) wood for a school project. He stated that the Teacher? wanted them to cut out cardboard Scarecrow puzzeles and paint the different pieces. He,(the 2nd grader) said he wanted to use wood. This is the same kid who said he was going to Win the (Tadpole Rally Fishing Contest-And He did!) This is the Scarecrow (He) made out of (2 diff.Walnut,Cherry,Curly Maple,and Tulip Poplar! He even left the Cherry rough to give the effect of Suede! I am proud of this kid! Youroo!!
You need to put that boy on a retainer. Very good work for a 7 yr old. For that matter, good for a grown man.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
You need to put that boy on a retainer. Very good work for a 7 yr old. For that matter, good for a grown man.
Better work than Ms. Amys (Helper)? Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
rattleNsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Western Connecticut
Posts: 1,571
Damn he's talented!!
__________________
2010 Cedar Creek 5th Wheel 34SATS "The Beast"
2006 Ford F350 Lariat 6.0L Diesel
2003 Harley Heritage Softail "Hogzilla"
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 07:59 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Dodge Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 753
Very good! nice to see a kid wanting to learn to use his hands for something good.
__________________
02 Ford Excursion V-10 4.30 gears 5 Star Tuner Y-pipe mod Hellwig sway bar Rear Airbags
Prodigy and Dual Cam
07 Cherokee 32B
Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Old car's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: south Kansas City area
Posts: 1,288
Send him my way. I'm building a humidor and could use his help!
__________________

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Oaklevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,535
Nice
__________________

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 11:03 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,031
Here is the (Puzzel Maker) with the finished product ready to take to school! PS he was born on (Pearl Harbor Day) Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo[6].jpg
Views:	118
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	42910  
__________________

__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 AM.