Old 12-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jozack View Post
I have not heard of one dealer that take care of you after you buy. You may have to bring it back 2 times for same thing. I bought a Rock Wood mini Lite, and it had a weak battery from the start. I worked in the electrical field so I know a bad battery. First time I brought it in they said they had to charger it for 23 hours. All good now. Nope that right their is a sign. Next trip they said I would have to leave it so they can find what is draining the battery. Still no fix, I got tired of having to plug the camper in just to get it off my truck. I called FR they replaced the awning but not the battery, so I bought a new one. My buddy got a Newmar close to half mill,and no dealer would work on it, they said he did not buy it from them. This is sad.

Not true! Camper Clinic II in Buda, Texas has taken care of all my RV needs and repairs.

Roberte52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:50 PM   #22

Hi folks. Just a reminder to also post reviews on rvservicereviews.com. This is a great resource when looking for reliable service when away from home. I always check this site for service along my route and near my destination.

AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:51 PM   #23

RV dealers don't work like car dealers. The "dealerships" are private business and have absolutely no connection back to the manufacturers that they sell. They have a tendency to give priority to the customers that they sell the campers to. Those customers tend to be repeat customers for everything, new sales, parts and accessories, and repairs so they cater to them. Warranty repairs they make very little from. If you didn't buy the camper from them they have little desire to jump on those warranty repairs.

As for the repair techs and quality of work, you never know what you are going to get. Unlike car dealerships they don't have factory sponsored training programs to make sure their techs/mechanics are Forestriver or whatever other brand certified. They are whatever hired employee that have who knows what experience.

Hence, this is all why you hear a lot of people on here that decide they can do the work as well John Doe down at a dealer. University of YouTube training with a minor in Forestriverforums.com.

If I was in the battery situation I would have replaced it myself with a far better battery than the dealer is going to give me anyway. Yeah, I should expect a brand new good battery upon purchase but sometimes spending a $80-$120 is worth saving the headache.
joeuncool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:53 PM   #24

If you're in NY . Fingerlakes area . Family RV . Newark , NY .
Larry , is a straight shooter . Does what he says .
I will use them the rest of my life. .
Fred +Sherry
fred+sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:55 PM   #25

dealer service

Sorry you are having service problems. We have been given excellent service, both warranty and non warranty issues by our dealer. I often see people shopping both near and far for the best price and wonder if they also include service by those dealers as part of the equation. As far as I'm concerned both parts count equally. We have dealt with our local dealer, Stoltzfus Rvs in Adamstown, Pa, for our last five units. We always received good pricing and courteous help from the Sales Dept. and excellent help from the Service Department. (I've even called with problems we had on the road and the service department has walked me through what needed to be done over the phone!) We're very happy with our new CCS and again our dealer has followed up with excellent service.
modelrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:13 PM   #26

I got lucky and didn't know it until after the sale.

I bought my georgetown 31L5 (35' Class A) from Century RV in Longmont Colorado.

They service only what they sell. Simple reason is they have so much business that they only have time for their direct customers. If they took on others, their purchasing customers would suffer.

Service? I call and make and appointment. When I arrive they make out the work order and then walk the coach with me placing tape one every item in need of attention. When they get through with the walk-through, they tell me what day to pick up the coach (usually 2-10 days depending on whether or not parts must be ordered). As work progresses I receive phone call updates from the service manager. If the promise-date has to change, I get a phone call with an explanation BEFORE the date. When the coach is ready for pickup I receive a phone call. When I pick up the coach the service does a walk-through with me and verifies everything is repaired to my satisfaction.

I'm very happy with my selling dealer.
Old 12-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #27

X2 on Century RV in Longmont Colorado.
We bought our TT from them and the service department has been great .
Love-to-campp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 04:13 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmstack View Post
Do you have a battery master disconnect switch on your camper? If not, there can be electrical usage which drains the battery. Did the dealer think of that possibility?
THIS!
Plus Forest River has nothing to do with the battery, since they are a dealer-installed item on trailers.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 06:50 PM   #29

Service

I called over a year ago to R.V. One in Albany I’m still waiting .
Onecuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 06:54 PM   #30

Every time I consider buying a coach I end up asking me if I want to double my "Dealer Issues"

With a travel trailer I can repair most issues myself and only consider taking it to the dealer for major issues (non so far with 2 TT's over 23 years).

If I have truck issues they get handled at the dealership by a whole different level of techs.

One issue, as i see it, is that RV dealerships are somewhat seasonal in nature. They have busy seasons for repairs and during the slower months they lay off the extra people needed for minor repairs or delivery prep. You can only get so much work out of a small number of techs that are full timers.

The exception of course are the dealerships that have year around business.

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
service