Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2018, 06:32 PM   #21
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

If you have a loan on the RV then you will not get the title until you pay off the loan.

The bank gets the title until then...

(edit) I see you are paid off...

I just got done transferring titles to and from three states on three different vehicles.

DMV's in almost every state are screwed up!

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:07 PM   #22

I bought mine from CW and I live 30 mins from dealer I’m wisconsin. I had to get my own plates, with a check from CW for the tax. Stupid!
Old 07-10-2018, 11:45 PM   #23
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian372lok View Post
I bought mine from CW and I live 30 mins from dealer I’m wisconsin. I had to get my own plates, with a check from CW for the tax. Stupid!

It says in your profile that your in Trevor, CA. But still I'm surprised Wisconsin lets CW get away with that.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 02:47 AM   #24

Google wants to know where Trevor, CA is, also.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:29 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
If you have a loan on the RV then you will not get the title until you pay off the loan.

The bank gets the title until then...

(edit) I see you are paid off...

I just got done transferring titles to and from three states on three different vehicles.

DMV's in almost every state are screwed up!

Never understood why people say this.

I have purchased q used and 3 new cars/ trucks , 1 motorcycle, and my trailer. All with little to no money down in the past 10 years and received the title/ certificate of orgin immediately. There is a lien placed on the title but that’s it.
quicky06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:33 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicky06 View Post

I have purchased q used and 3 new cars/ trucks , 1 motorcycle, and my trailer. All with little to no money down in the past 10 years and received the title/ certificate of orgin immediately. There is a lien placed on the title but that’s it.
Depends on the State. When we were in Ohio, bank got actual title and i got a copy. In MN, i have titles, but they denote lien holder. Once paid off you need to staple the payoff letter to the title. I'm sure there are other variations.
MillMitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:27 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillMitch View Post
Depends on the State. When we were in Ohio, bank got actual title and i got a copy. In MN, i have titles, but they denote lien holder. Once paid off you need to staple the payoff letter to the title. I'm sure there are other variations.
In MO when you get a lien release you take it to the dmv and they remove the lien and give you a new title.
quicky06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:00 AM   #28
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicky06 View Post

I have purchased q used and 3 new cars/ trucks , 1 motorcycle, and my trailer. All with little to no money down in the past 10 years and received the title/ certificate of origin immediately. There is a lien placed on the title but that’s it.
I just spent six months trying to get the title from the bank on my (soon to be) ex wife's car from the State Of Colorado...

It was a nightmare!

For my truck and 5'ver it was a piece of cake...well, almost!

We paid off all three at the same time and I got my two titles from the bank within two weeks of payoff.

She has been driving in North Carolina with expired Colorado plates for three months as she couldn't get the title transfered to NC until the original title showed up from the bank, who kept claiming they sent it...then told her that the car came from Oregon , which turned into another expensive nightmare, and Oregon said that car was never registered there, then back to Colorado and the bank...then a call to an online title search organization, who then located it in the main office of the bank (well, credit union) in Denver.

Anywayz...

She finally got the title mysteriously in the mail two weeks ago after I spent 13 hours and four visits to three Denver area DMV offices to get it squared away finally.

And while on that same trip to Denver I took my truck and 5'ver up to South Dakota and registered them both there.

Plus had a nice little vacation, too!

Saved a ton of money over Colorado and Arizona registrations, and the SD DMV's was the easiest and quickest I've ever dealt with in my life (just turned 58 yesterday)!

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:04 AM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillMitch View Post
I guess I never realized it's different from state to state. In Illinois, we don't even see the title until the loan is completely paid off. Once it's paid, we receive it in the mail a couple of weeks later.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:26 AM   #30
Citrus County, Fl.

As big as Camping World is, I doubt they pay cash for their inventory. Most RV's, cars, etc. are "floor planned" thru a company like GE Credit and the dealer pays monthly interest and curtailment charges. Once the dealer receives either cash for the sold unit or payment from the lending source, they pay off the floor plan and get the MSO. Then the dealer is responsible for applying for the title. At least this is how it worked in Florida years ago when I sold mobile homes.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:16 PM   #31
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
I just spent six months trying to get the title from the bank on my (soon to be) ex wife's car from the State Of Colorado...

It was a nightmare!

For my truck and 5'ver it was a piece of cake...well, almost!

We paid off all three at the same time and I got my two titles from the bank within two weeks of payoff.

She has been driving in North Carolina with expired Colorado plates for three months as she couldn't get the title transfered to NC until the original title showed up from the bank, who kept claiming they sent it...then told her that the car came from Oregon , which turned into another expensive nightmare, and Oregon said that car was never registered there, then back to Colorado and the bank...then a call to an online title search organization, who then located it in the main office of the bank (well, credit union) in Denver.

Anywayz...

She finally got the title mysteriously in the mail two weeks ago after I spent 13 hours and four visits to three Denver area DMV offices to get it squared away finally.

And while on that same trip to Denver I took my truck and 5'ver up to South Dakota and registered them both there.

Plus had a nice little vacation, too!

Saved a ton of money over Colorado and Arizona registrations, and the SD DMV's was the easiest and quickest I've ever dealt with in my life (just turned 58 yesterday)!

I had an opposite situation. I still owed like 8 grand on my boat, and the credit union sent me a lien release for it out of the blue. Correctly made out and everything. I called them and the said it was a mistake, but to go ahead and keep it. Hell, I still owe about $2k on it, but I got a nice, clean, lien free title from Missouri for it.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 01:27 PM   #32
Gold Tee Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoonie View Post
Traded in a camper and paid cash difference.
If you traded in and wrote them a check for the difference, it is customary to hold the title for 10 days to 2 weeks to make sure the check clears before they send the title.

You should have the name of the contact at the dealer you closed with and turned your old title to. That is the first call I would make and if that is not satisfactory, call the ownership of the dealer, and then escalate to Forest River.

If you are going to be a bear, be a grizzly!

Teetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:46 PM   #33

update

Finally received the title after 3 weeks of waiting. Can take care of business now.
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and help.
zoonie
zoonie is offline   Reply With Quote