Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 08:32 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
skeeterbait8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lee County, Virginia
Posts: 329
Unhappy Not likeing this weekend..

I'm not liking this weekend at all. NO chance at all of getting to take the Roo out. If I had my way we would have gone out this morning and not come home till Sunday.
__________________

__________________

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:41 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
I feel your pain, skeeterbait8. Between the TT having to go back to the factory because of delamination and other personal issues that have came up, I have only got to camp 6 nights so far. I usually do at least that much in March.

P.S. I like the birthday presents you hand out. Could you remember me on my next one?
__________________

__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
skeeterbait8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lee County, Virginia
Posts: 329
I guess I've gotten spoiled by getting to camp as much as I have so far. I mean it really is early in the season for me to have that many days out at this point. I'm just not happy being here any more. I'm trying to figure out which way to head to next,

#1. Breaks Interstate Park
#2. Big Ridge State Park
#3. Norris Dam area

The way I'm looking at it this years Birthday present will NEVER be outdone. Took me long enough to get this one! 56 years!!!

If I were rich I'd hand out more like that for sure. I'd spread the fun!
__________________

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:08 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
Just make your campground list, then start checking off one at a time. Doesn't matter which one is first.
In my "perfect world" I would own a couple of TT's. We love the one we have and there's plenty of room for the grandkids when they camp with us, but there are a few times a year that I take fishing trips by myself. I would love to own a small TT for those times. If I did I would probably be camping about every other week from March to November.
__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:24 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: IL
Posts: 165
I'm feeling the pain bad here. We haven't gotten out yet this year. It seems every weekend there has been something going on and that is the way with the next two also. We have reservations for the 4th of July weekend and for 7 ngts of our vacation. We will extend our vacation if all works out right by stopping at my cousins for another 3 to 4 ngts. By then I won't want to come back. LOL
__________________
Donna=Me Tom=DH
2 DD's-grown, 1 DS grown, 1 DIL
4 DGD's, 1 DGS, 1 Pekingese(7/1/1999-6/18/2016)
2011 Shamrock 23ss
2000 Suburban 1500 4 X 4
ngts camped 2016-24 so far. reservations for 11 more
ilovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:39 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
skeeterbait8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lee County, Virginia
Posts: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Just make your campground list, then start checking off one at a time. Doesn't matter which one is first.
In my "perfect world" I would own a couple of TT's. We love the one we have and there's plenty of room for the grandkids when they camp with us, but there are a few times a year that I take fishing trips by myself. I would love to own a small TT for those times. If I did I would probably be camping about every other week from March to November.


My "Want to go to" list is already 2 pages long! I've gotten to where I will sit and dream looking at last years edition of "Trailer Life" and decide which way I want to go next. Then there are the times that I'll sit and go through the catalog of "stuff" to add to the camper! Yep, I've got it bad!
__________________

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:28 AM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member
 
cfsoistman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Upperco, Maryland
Posts: 3,135
I really know the feeling about not getting out. Since my wife lost her job last May it's been harder, financially, to get away. We've settled on a couple trips for our vacation and plan to make the most of it. Usually by now we've been out at least 5-6 times but next weekend will be our real first time out. I went for a couple days in April to the TCA Train show in York PA but the cost is only $40 for the 4 days with electric and water. We have done quite a bit of driveway camping but it's definitely not the same.
__________________

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:46 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterbait8 View Post
My "Want to go to" list is already 2 pages long! I've gotten to where I will sit and dream looking at last years edition of "Trailer Life" and decide which way I want to go next. Then there are the times that I'll sit and go through the catalog of "stuff" to add to the camper! Yep, I've got it bad!
Those catalogs are too expensive. Everytime I think I have the TT fixed up just the way I want it, I see something else in the catalog that I "need".
__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 08:50 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
I really know the feeling about not getting out. Since my wife lost her job last May it's been harder, financially, to get away. We've settled on a couple trips for our vacation and plan to make the most of it. Usually by now we've been out at least 5-6 times but next weekend will be our real first time out. I went for a couple days in April to the TCA Train show in York PA but the cost is only $40 for the 4 days with electric and water. We have done quite a bit of driveway camping but it's definitely not the same.
I can relate. We've been told that the next fiscal year, starting July 1st, we have to take 23 furlough days. That's a full month of pay. Nothing devastating, but still will definately put a hole in the camping budget.
__________________

__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.