Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #1

Unhappy Not likeing this weekend..

I'm not liking this weekend at all. NO chance at all of getting to take the Roo out. If I had my way we would have gone out this morning and not come home till Sunday.

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #2

I feel your pain, skeeterbait8. Between the TT having to go back to the factory because of delamination and other personal issues that have came up, I have only got to camp 6 nights so far. I usually do at least that much in March.

P.S. I like the birthday presents you hand out. Could you remember me on my next one?
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #3

I guess I've gotten spoiled by getting to camp as much as I have so far. I mean it really is early in the season for me to have that many days out at this point. I'm just not happy being here any more. I'm trying to figure out which way to head to next,

#1. Breaks Interstate Park
#2. Big Ridge State Park
#3. Norris Dam area

The way I'm looking at it this years Birthday present will NEVER be outdone. Took me long enough to get this one! 56 years!!!

If I were rich I'd hand out more like that for sure. I'd spread the fun!

2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
Old 06-11-2010, 08:08 PM   #4

Just make your campground list, then start checking off one at a time. Doesn't matter which one is first.
In my "perfect world" I would own a couple of TT's. We love the one we have and there's plenty of room for the grandkids when they camp with us, but there are a few times a year that I take fishing trips by myself. I would love to own a small TT for those times. If I did I would probably be camping about every other week from March to November.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:24 PM   #5

I'm feeling the pain bad here. We haven't gotten out yet this year. It seems every weekend there has been something going on and that is the way with the next two also. We have reservations for the 4th of July weekend and for 7 ngts of our vacation. We will extend our vacation if all works out right by stopping at my cousins for another 3 to 4 ngts. By then I won't want to come back. LOL
2011 Shamrock 23ss
2010 Ford F150 super cab 4 X 4
ilovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:39 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Just make your campground list, then start checking off one at a time. Doesn't matter which one is first.
In my "perfect world" I would own a couple of TT's. We love the one we have and there's plenty of room for the grandkids when they camp with us, but there are a few times a year that I take fishing trips by myself. I would love to own a small TT for those times. If I did I would probably be camping about every other week from March to November.

My "Want to go to" list is already 2 pages long! I've gotten to where I will sit and dream looking at last years edition of "Trailer Life" and decide which way I want to go next. Then there are the times that I'll sit and go through the catalog of "stuff" to add to the camper! Yep, I've got it bad!

2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
Old 06-12-2010, 07:28 AM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I really know the feeling about not getting out. Since my wife lost her job last May it's been harder, financially, to get away. We've settled on a couple trips for our vacation and plan to make the most of it. Usually by now we've been out at least 5-6 times but next weekend will be our real first time out. I went for a couple days in April to the TCA Train show in York PA but the cost is only $40 for the 4 days with electric and water. We have done quite a bit of driveway camping but it's definitely not the same.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 07:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterbait8 View Post
My "Want to go to" list is already 2 pages long! I've gotten to where I will sit and dream looking at last years edition of "Trailer Life" and decide which way I want to go next. Then there are the times that I'll sit and go through the catalog of "stuff" to add to the camper! Yep, I've got it bad!
Those catalogs are too expensive. Everytime I think I have the TT fixed up just the way I want it, I see something else in the catalog that I "need".
Old 06-12-2010, 07:50 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfsoistman View Post
I really know the feeling about not getting out. Since my wife lost her job last May it's been harder, financially, to get away. We've settled on a couple trips for our vacation and plan to make the most of it. Usually by now we've been out at least 5-6 times but next weekend will be our real first time out. I went for a couple days in April to the TCA Train show in York PA but the cost is only $40 for the 4 days with electric and water. We have done quite a bit of driveway camping but it's definitely not the same.
I can relate. We've been told that the next fiscal year, starting July 1st, we have to take 23 furlough days. That's a full month of pay. Nothing devastating, but still will definately put a hole in the camping budget.