Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2015, 07:29 PM   #21

Discount tires on line and then I took 2 off the camper and the spare to a local shop and had them mounted and balanced then I took the other 2 the next day. I got E rated tires for less than $100 a piece and it cost me $50 to have all 5 mounted and balanced.
Maxhise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:23 PM   #22

The company I work for has a deal with a local tire company. I get 10 ply E range tires for under $100 each. I take the tires off my trailer and take them to their shop.

I hate people using air impacts on my wheels because they over tighten the lug nuts. I only use an impact to thread on the empty space then hand tighten the nuts after that

2003 Dodge Ram QC 2500 4x4
2005 Nissan Altima
2011 Forest River Lacrosse 301RLS
jmcrae3891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:42 PM   #23
JAL

Replaced stock Maxxis with same at Discount Tire when they aged out. Not something they keep in stock -- They had to order them. I had them also replace spare (never used) due to aging. Probably overkill, and I've never had to use it. (Kind of like taking an umbrella with you . . .) DT also balanced them.
JAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:48 AM   #24

Replacement Tires

Something that wasn't really mentioned is the type of Tire....yes at least D rated, but having had some people that I talked to about this, they tell me that LT radial tires are a lot more durable and less likely to have blowouts then trailer tires since the sidewalls on LT tires are a lot thicker. You might get resistance from Trailer dealers or tire dealers, but from what I've heard from experienced RV owners is that LT tires far outperform trailer tires.
Joe O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement, tire